Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 05:49:53 PM

Author Topic: Crickets!!  (Read 4197 times)

Dinkslayer37

• View Profile
Crickets!!
« on: February 10, 2018, 08:38:15 PM »

No chatter on here starting to sound like crickets. Headed up to the lake tomorrow with my fingers crossed I guess! Headed to Long island anyone got any ice reports over there?

Thanks stay safe and tight lines !

g

• View Profile
Re: Crickets!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »

Don't know about Long Island but I fished Dunns tonight. Caught 1 small white bass and 1 short eye. Missed a few bites too. Fished a 3/16 vibe. Marked a decent number of fish but couldn't get them to bite. Will try again tomorrow. Ice was plenty thick but didn't measure thickness. Good luck.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 05:54:23 AM »

Sorry I haven't been posting but I was at the expo the last four days. If the ice holds up I will be up this weekend. Andy aka downthehole was there also but I believe he was going to start reporting conditions soon.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »

chirp chirp   theres a bunch of traffic now  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »

Bad thing is I only get to fish weekends but the first weekend in Feb. I was in Oklahoma so I didn't get to fish.I try and post when I do get to fish.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »

I drove around the lake Saturday evening, Black Hawk, there was no one there and it didn't look like there was any traffic on the ice the entire weekend, went to Long Island, 3 cars at the first pull off, 1 car at the second, he was fishing towards North Fork, 3 cars were at the bridge and they were over by Pony Island, drove out to the point of Long Island and there were about 10 guys on the ice. I didn't go out on it, I've packed my gear in for the season but the ice to me looks shady at best, it may be 5-7" thick but it's not a very good quality ice, when I see grey ice with open water around, I keep my feet on dry land. But that's me and some are different. Spud away if you dare travel the hard water.....  Zgood Luck and stay SAFE

g

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »

Am going to try Paradise tomorrow afternoon. Won't get there until around 4:30. Will have spud bar in hand and will definitely put it to use going out and back. Figure tomorrow or maybe Wed. will be it for the year, boo hoo. Oh well, all good things come to an end, some just a lot sooner than we want,
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar