Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE Ohio Lake 2-10-18

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Hit the ice with my 10 year old son yesterday 2-10-18. Ice was 8-9” little slushy on the way out and really slushy on the way in after the rain. The bite was a little slower than expected for this location but the fishing was a blast! My son nailed an 11” crappie on his first drop! I thought it was gonna be game on at that point but it turned out to be a slower pick. Caught a bunch of gills mostly small ended up catching around 20 crappie kept 8 between 9 1/2 & 11” also kept 2 gills and 1 bass. My son totally out fished me in fact he caught 7 of the 8 crappie we kept and the bass. I was pretty proud to be getting whooped on by my own son! All in all I couldn’t have asked for a better day!

Fish were caught in 9fow visibility was not even 12” it was super dirty. Majority of the fish came on gold #6 hook and minnow fishing 6ft deep. The rest came on a gold tungsten jig and maggots.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice!!!  I almost went yesterday, but since I still can’t lift my shanty I didn’t feel like fighting rain with no shanty. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Nice!!!  I almost went yesterday, but since I still can’t lift my shanty I didn’t feel like fighting rain with no shanty. 

That sucks about your back! Especially with the nice long ice season we’re having! If you want to get out one day this coming week shoot me a message. My big stupid otter will fish 5 but it’s usually just me so I’ve got plenty of room. Just bring a seat and your tackle. Only thing that really sucks is it’s not the shack for run & gun fishing.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
THANKS!! I’ll be out next week for sure!  Not sure what days yet. Will keep you posted. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
Great pictures, with the weather report for this area I may have to head up that way this weekend.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
forecast not looking that good for n.e. area either............. :-[ :-[ :-[
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Going to try tomorrow or Wednesday.  Might be my last trip looking at the forecast......

Team Wilcraft!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Going to try tomorrow or Wednesday.  Might be my last trip looking at the forecast......

I’m game to get out somewhere Wednesday!  I’m gonna get out later today but I’ve got some stuff to take care of this morning.  I was out yesterday and it’s for sure spudbar season! Most of the ice was 7” and perfect. But one area where I wanted to fish was a total no go I’m not sure how I got so close before I realized what I was dealing with if I wouldn’t have ad my spud I’d have been swimming! The ice in that area had and ugly look to it and was only 3”  I’d say 1.5 of that wouldn’t hold the weight of a mouse. Lucky i very cautiousy got out of that area. The fishing wasn’t so hot where I ended up 1 crappie and some mostly small gills but I didn’t have to worry about getting wet.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Scratch that! I just realized Wednesday is Valentine’s Day odds are my wife wouldn’t be too happy if I went fishing 😕

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wed would be risky  ;)  you may navigate the ice ok  but when ya get home its goin to be  chilly  lololo
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Today at PLX was sketchy and bite was off.  Hardly marked anything and what I did didn’t want to eat.  Got 1 nice Crappie and 1 nice bass and a few small gills. Couldn’t find much today. Going to try tomorrow morning and I think that’s going to be my last trip unless the forecast does a 180. Will post more details.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar