Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday 2/10/18

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Decided to fish Skeeter Saturday 2/10 with my son, Nathan. Arrangements confirmed Friday night to meet HurricaneShawn86 at Causeway Bait & Tackle at 6am. He was a NO SHOW. No contact or explanation whatsoever. Fortunately, we met Treeman Jeff at the bait shop. He gave us some tips. Nathan & I decided to fish SW of the causeway., trekked thru the slush & slop 1-1/2 miles down the west side to the stump area we wanted to hit. Jeff was there with his buddies and we ended up sorta bird-dogging him inthe same, general area, but certainly not on top of him or his buddies. Nathan, caught a 16" Eye about 10am and rolled 2 more. I caught 1 nice 12" crappie. Again we caught tons of dink perch.& a few nice gills. RAINS SUCKED. We ran out of minnows and called it quits at 3pm., hiking thru the slush & slop back to the vehicle. My newly built SMITTY really made the trek tremendously easier. By the time we reached the parkin lot, WE WERE SOAKED. My 1st Walleye is still swimming., but all in all, had a wonderful time with my son. Better luck next time. A word of caution: BE LEERY OF HURRICANE SHAWN86.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I tell ya what buddy you gave it hell for sure, and rain did suck , 2 days in that junk for me
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry that happened to you John.  That rain was he reason I chickened out. Was packed and drove by the lake on my way home Saturday and just couldn’t force shantyless self to sit in the rain in a float suit.  I’m getting old.  10 years ago would’ve been out in a heartbeat!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar