Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/13/18

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
One of those days today.......3 dinks and 2 nice ones.   Bite and fish were both almost non existent and Ice is deteriorating quickly.  I think tomorrow will be my last day here.  Fished all over today from 4-15 feet and not marking hardly anything.  What I marked, I enticed to bite, but my normally productive hand over fist spots looked like a nuclear wasteland.  It produced one nice bass and nothing else.  Drilled all over and a copper tungsten was only thing working, except the bass came on firetiger.  Ice was 4-5”, but Top 3 were crap Ice and it was not cracking in a good way and shorelines were getting sloppy as I left.  Rain tomorrow afternoon and Thursday with 60 degrees will end it. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Nice catches! Ice conditions are definitely getting strange out there! I saw some stuff at nimi today that I’ve only seen at skeeter and Erie! Shoves and huge wet cracks! Funny thing is those shoves were just little ridges when I went out within 2 hours they turned into huge death traps! No wind it was all the sunshine doing it.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
This is the kind of weather ice can lose it's weight holding strength in a hurry,and i am speaking from expierence(a bad one) be extra cautious out there......... :'( :'( :'(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
glad you got out and at least hooked fish...and go home dry  lol   I just packed all my gear for the season I don't think recovery is an option :P  ..besides I'm ready for a warm up, after this winter I'm fried. I didn't really get out much this year but beats sittin on the couch  .. hey bobber slab and I watched the ice fade on nimi couple years ago while we were out there was fun getting off the ice     :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That was a fun time!!  Ice is fading fast and with the forecast I don’t think we’ll get it back.  I went yesterday and I’ll post my results.  But I think I’m probably done for the year.   :'(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Yeah Slab,quit while your still DRY............. :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar