Ice Fish Ohio Forum

The Blue Hole

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Who remembers this tourist trap? Went as a kid  in the 60'sand truthfully the only thing that was cool was they said the bottom had never been found. They must not have searched very hard as heard on the radio Friday that it is only 43 feet deep.

g

• View Profile
Never went to see the blue hole but have passed by it numerous times. Its been closed for a while now.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
two of my buddies snuck in there at night years ago and caught a bunch of rainbows............... :D :D :D in castilia i think...........
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
two of my buddies snuck in there at night years ago and caught a bunch of rainbows............... :D :D :D in castilia i think...........

It’s a hatchery lol

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I have been there a few times  some nice fish swimming around then....good ole castalia
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Multiple blue holes. The one you used to visit in the 60's is not the same one that is 43 ft deep. The state blue hole is 43ft I believe. Others are privately owned.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar