Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Google Phone Scam

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Listed my boat on Craigslist. Got a text from a local number asking if they could call me about it. Said yes, then received the following text. "Please accept my call and press 44 to connect with me as I am calling using Google phone." I did not do this as warning bells went off in my head because the texts were local but the call was from D.C. they called maybe 8-10 times before they gave up. I looked it up online and don't understand it fully but by doing as they request it ties your number to their Google phone so they can use your number while scamming people somehow.

g

• View Profile

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Carl
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
too bad our phones don't have a zap button , when  bs calls come up  you could send a pulse back to them and fry their crap .... ;D ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Wife and I had our accounts and identity stolen right before Thanksgiving last year. The extent these people go through to ruin everything you've built for yourself is mind-blowing. They changed passwords, email accounts, stole money from our accounts, changed our overdraft protection so it would follow any new accounts we opened trying to escape their carnage. I was lucky enough to catch their theft's within days but the damage they did took several weeks and numerous visits to the bank managers office trying to figure out how to revert their actions. We were able to recover all monies stolen and all accounts hacked were closed. It seems the thieves were able to revert an ATM card I lost back in 2006 and open it up and recover all our banking information and were in the process of emptying everything we saved. After we found out how they did it, we then looked at our credit report only to find out the true damage they have done by opening up other accounts in my name, this is the hardest thing to repair and is still a work in progress. The bank traced their IPO's only to find out that they can scramble their address

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
too bad our phones don't have a zap button , when  bs calls come up  you could send a pulse back to them and fry their crap .... ;D ;D ;D

I use my ice safety whistle.   :o They try to scam me and their ears bleed for a while.  I wanted to use my air horn, but the wife drew the line there.

If these people worked half as hard at a real job, they might make something of themselves.  It’s disgusting how fast they can wreck what you’ve worked so hard for.   >:(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
dawg that really stinks, good luck with that.  too bad we cant get them back by taking all there shit ,  that's justice with a smile   ;)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar