Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Dock fishing ending

g · 7 · 4855

g

• View Profile
Sorry to see the dock fishing ending after this weekend. The plus side is my campground at Marblehead will open April 15. Can't wait to get the boat out again. The walleye fishing should be phenomenal this year.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
g  your so right the eye fishing is gonna be awesome. I have 1 more pack of eye left in the freeze so game on    ;D ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah g i was at rocky today. They were putting the gates up on the docks. Not many fish around either. Ended up with 8 keepers. Some shorts gills and a few white bass. Looks like I'm done with the docks until next winter

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Hit Erie yesterday with a guy from another site. We didn't have any luck but was nice to get out.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
where did ya go,  trollin or jigging ?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Went out of Catawba SP and jigged. Guy I was with tried blade baits and hair jigs. I used hair jigs and even put and Erie Dearie over the side with a crawler. 5 hours and nothing. Water temp was only 37 and winds were out of the NE. We tried 20 -35 foot. Talked to a couple guys at the dock they trolled all the way to Davis Besse and not a single pull back.

g

• View Profile
Glad you got a few Aaron. Fished Rocky today and caught 2 crappies, 1 was 12 in. Another guy had 4 perch. Was nice for a while, the sun was out and no wind. Didn't last long and the wind showed up like usual.
Glad you got out Carl, wish you would have caught something or at least had a bite. Can't wait to give Erie a go this year.

Vexilar