Ice Fish Ohio Forum

April crappie action!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Got a few smalls yesterday between rains. At least it felt good to wet a line!  Didn’t get any pics, but nothing was worth taking a pic anyway. They came on a chartreuse and pink 1/64 oz jig I tied up a while back. This weather needs to make up its mind. Rain, snow, hot, cold fish can’t settle into a pattern.  The back and forth needs to stop!

PS, sorry but wanted to start a new topic, the other one was getting long and my hands keep tapping the wrong page and it takes me forever to find the last page. Numbers too small.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:24:48 AM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sweet   hey at least ya got out  ;D  and the weather does need to level out, crap the trash cans are flyin around today .   :P   this is a lousey spring in my book,  hey maybe you need one of those pointer pens to poke at your screen  lol    I sure hope it gets better quick  did ya try any black jigs ?  shoot if it doesn't warm up the fish will just be swimming around squirting eggs ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:55:54 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Good old Ohio weather. 70 deg. and tornadoes 1 day and snow the next. Wish we would get a normal spring 1 of these years. Don't see how the fish know what to o when we don't know what to do. Eventually, a pattern will develop for us and the fish, well hopefully.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No black ones.  Not much time, just hit one spot with one color.  Going nuts, first time fishing since ice off.  Not much of a trip, but it was something. Between a 15 month old, work, wisdom teeth surgery, and an exploded bursa in my knee this spring has just been stellar on a fishing note. So much free time to hit the lake!  >:(  #sarcasm!  I’ll get out soon though, just not the next 2 weeks. But we’re looking to take a fly fishing vacation this summer out west for a couple weeks, just haven’t chosen the place yet.....
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Glad you at least got out. I've been doing pretty well but this weather is driving me nuts. It's like we get 1 decent day a week and I haven't seen a really nice day in weeks. Winds, rain, snow, cold... it's always something. It's gotta break soon. You know something is wrong when it's April and I'm actually getting anything done around the house!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
trash cans still flyin around  lol

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Nice job getting out glad you got a chance to stick a few! I got out in that awful snow and wind yesterday 4/4/18. Caught around 30 crappie and probably 50 gills. I really wasn’t expecting much with the wild weather but I found a little cove holding some very willing fish. 1/64 jig & gulp fishing 12”-2ft deep in 3fow.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahah   I think the gloves are spot on  loll     you guys keep hammering  those rascals. 

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sweet!  Nice fish!  I’m going to shoot for a Monday afternoon trip.  Next chance I’ll have with work/family schedule. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar