Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Local Crappie action

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I like the perch  , did they have eggs?   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
I like the perch  , did they have eggs?   
Yep big fat girls full of eggs! Funny thing is I caught some large males as well the color difference between them and the females was interesting all the males I caught had almost a grey/blue tint to them. The females had really vibrant colors.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Well it’s another very depressing morning out my window! About an inch of snow in my yard 😡 it’s just sad 😢. I have plans to fish why my amigo Bigeyurk25 today not looking forward to being out in the cold again. But I’m not one to back out on fishing plans due to less than ideal conditions. Living in Ne Ohio it’s just part of the game. The fish still gotta eat every day. If I were to wait for good weather I’d wind up a grumpy miserable couch fisherman watching bill dance reruns. Plus I know once the weather is nice I’ll be working way more than I’m fishing so I gotta get it in while I can. Hopefully we can put some lips on hooks today. Gonna have to find a spot out of the wind might be a return trip to my favorite tributary even to I’m not a fan of fishing the same location 2 days in a row but I know the fish are there and I know they will bite. This weather has gotta start cooperating soon or I’m gonna have to go to PA and kill a groundhog
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:01:35 AM by Bobberbucket »

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah I know right,  this snow is getting to me ,  good luck out there man .  shoot man those chucks will be out big time soon , I love to whack ground hogs.  ive seen blue walleye before , and the perch are really colorful sometimes . I noticed the perch I caught at nimi this ice some were all spotted with the black dots , I know if cooked properly its safe to eat but I just throw them back. 

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Well it was tough fishing today the cold snowy night really slowed things down! Only caught   10 fish between the 2 of us 7 of which were caught by me 😁 6 bass and 1 crappie for me. I was putting whoppins on Bigeyurk for the first hour and a half I had him skunked but then he started to dial in on them some. It was chilly but still nice to get out better than sitting on the couch that’s for sure!

g

• View Profile
Went to Rocky Fork docks yesterday afternoon. As usual, the wind was brutal. Marked a lot of fish and had a lot of risers but only caught 7 fish, 4 crappies (all keepers, 2 12 1/1/2 inchers, 2 gills and 1 short eye). All caught on 3/16 vibe. One of these days I may have to break down and get a phone that takes pics.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Went to Rocky Fork docks yesterday afternoon. As usual, the wind was brutal. Marked a lot of fish and had a lot of risers but only caught 7 fish, 4 crappies (all keepers, 2 12 1/1/2 inchers, 2 gills and 1 short eye). All caught on 3/16 vibe. One of these days I may have to break down and get a phone that takes pics.
Nice!!! Hey with weather we’re having 7 fish is a win! At least you got out. Taking pictures can be a blessing and a curse especially during ice season. Numerous times I’d have my vex loaded up catch a fish start fooling around taking a picture by the time I got done the fish were gone and the screen was blank lol.

g

• View Profile
I was happy catching what I caught considering the conditions. Could have been more with all the missed bites. That's why it's called fishing. LOL! I need to remember the camera to get a few pics on occasion. Your pics are great bobber, especially the colors on the perch.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
The camera on my iPhone takes surprisingly good quality photos. I like it when I catch something with really vivid colors and am able to capture a good photo. It also comes in handy for keeping catch records I used to keep yearly fishing journals but now I just upload them to my Facebook and they show up in my memory’s on there. I still keep journals but now I have an app for that lol technology.

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Hit the Sandusky yesterday,still early! saw a stringer of 3,a few with 2,some with 1 and a lot like us with 0. Looked like all Jacks. This cold is out of control

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Hit the Sandusky yesterday,still early! saw a stringer of 3,a few with 2,some with 1 and a lot like us with 0. Looked like all Jacks. This cold is out of control
I’ve never done any of that run fish fishing but I’ve herd it’s a blast!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I used to hit up Fremont, Maumee,  but its combat fishing at its finest. the game wardens hide all over in the bushes under the bridges, its a rally for sure, then the white bass stroll in and that's a crazy train. you can catch on a good day 200 fish  :o   but its an experience too try ..

Evinrude58

• View Profile
The eye run can be fun. We found a really nice place to camp last year. Nate and I both swore we were done with last year but we shall see. We said the same thing the year before.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:38:27 AM by Bobberbucket »

Vexilar