Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Local Crappie action

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
I’ll tell ya what guys I’m getting sick of waking up and seeing traces of snow on my truck! This just ain’t fair!! Every time I have a good day it’s followed up by cold not that the cold is going to stop me I’ll probably go do some wading today depending on how bad the rain is. I just want some stability to this weather.  The fish yesterday were feeding heavy in prespawn mode caught several females fat with eggs and some of the males had beat up tales like they have been doing some fanning. I know the water is too cold and it’s to early for that but it was interesting. On a side note I wish we could get the pictures working on here!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Huh I got that one to post! I screenshot shot it on my phone then cropped the photo

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice!!  Hoping to be out one day this week!  Will post if I get something. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Hey bobber you might want to try resizing your pics. I just email them to myself and my phone gives me the option to resize them. A lot of phones the pic files are too big to work on here.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Hey bobber you might want to try resizing your pics. I just email them to myself and my phone gives me the option to resize them. A lot of phones the pic files are too big to work on here.

Thanks I’ll try that. So far taking screenshots of my pictures then resizing my pictures seems to be working alright.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice fish guy , look how chubby they are , go get em guy, yeh posting pics is just a pain.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
BB on the other site they are moaning and complaining about everything like that should have been posted in another section. The complainers must not have noticed the ice is gone and they can soft water fish instead of whine. I've been out 9 times since ice out and I am without a boat at the moment. Those fish look good. I need to take a few pics next time I am out but I usually forget.

g

• View Profile
Way to get after them bobber and Aaron. Looks like another chilly weekend to fish. Don't mind the cold myself but it sure plays havoc with the fish most of the time. Still beats sitting at home.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
BB on the other site they are moaning and complaining about everything like that should have been posted in another section. The complainers must not have noticed the ice is gone and they can soft water fish instead of whine. I've been out 9 times since ice out and I am without a boat at the moment. Those fish look good. I need to take a few pics next time I am out but I usually forget.

That other site is full of Nancy non fisherman and the staff caters to that type of people. Lol i don’t miss it over there one bit. I’m much happier posting here and CDC!  I actually got in the habit of taking pictures because of all the trolls they love so much on that garbage site saying pictures or it didn’t happen.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:55:06 PM by Bobberbucket »

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Well it was cold and choppy out there today 3-7-18 got couple little breaks of much appreciated sunshine but mostly it was snow and wind. We were sorta able to tuck out of the wind some but got blown off our anchor a couple times. Managed to locate some active fish in 6-10 fow caught around 50 crappie and a few redears couple ditch pickles in the mix as well. fishing the same presentation that’s been working so well. Kept 13 crappie and 2 redears. Water temp was down to 42.8. They weren’t on fire but the action was pretty good had to do some coaxing they wanted that jig popping and twerking like a Saturday night at the gentleman’s club! All  in all it was a pretty decent day on the water. I’ll throw up the pictures when I get time to crop them down so they will load.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you guys are getting them!!  Can’t wait to get out myself and get some of these crappies!  But since work hasn’t allowed it I’ve been making some jigs so I’m ready when it comes!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Glad you guys are getting them!!  Can’t wait to get out myself and get some of these crappies!  But since work hasn’t allowed it I’ve been making some jigs so I’m ready when it comes!

It’s still early the fun is just beginning! I need to start tying jigs maybe you could show me the ropes sometime.

Vexilar