Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crappie jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Here’s what I tied up.  Looking at my wisdom tooth meds gave me the idea.  Not sure why other thread was locked, was going to put pic there.  Now to use it!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
pretty cool   ;D   hope ya can get out and give them a spin.  I just tied spawn sacs   :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Here’s what I tied up.  Looking at my wisdom tooth meds gave me the idea.  Not sure why other thread was locked, was going to put pic there.  Now to use it!
My fat fingers accidentally locked it lol  Those jigs look deadly!!! 

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok. Cool. I could’ve unlocked it, but didn’t know if somebody else locked it for a reason. 

Thanks!!  I can’t wait to try them out. I’m going to make a few pink/chartreuse today after work if I have a chance. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey what s  in the magic tackle box for smallies guys ?   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Since I don’t do a lot of smallie fishing I don’t have a lot of stuff to target them. I usually use some jig and big twisters . Sometimes I’ll throw plugs and poppers. They are a blast when you can get them to smash the surface in some slack water pool in the rivers.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Hard to beat a tube jig for smallies. They work great in rivers and lakes. Green pumpkin is usually the go to color. But you can catch them on all kinds of stuff. Creature baits, jerkbaits, cranks, topwater...but like bobber said it's awesome when they will hit on top. I get a lot of them in shallow water on buzz baits right before the spawn. They'll about rip the rod out of your hand some days.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Topwater is definitely the most fun, but for me drop shotting is the most consistently productive.  Find bass and park over them and it’s like ice fishing.  You can watch the drop shot on your Humminbird and then see the bass shoot up and grab it!  Such a blast! 
I have a screen capture of it from last year I’ll see if I can find it. 

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Found it.  
The smaller mark up higher is my worm, the bigger mark coming off the bottom is a bass.  The down imaging side in black and White tells the story better. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:30:00 AM by slabslayer »

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar