Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Indian Lake - Boating

Tanker593

• View Profile
I originally posted this in the Indian Lake forum but decided it would be better here.  Apologies if you are reading it again...

So the wife and I just bought a slightly used camper already onsite off of SR235 behind the Dollar General. It was actually more her idea than mine so I now have a place to stay for ice fishing   

We are debating on putting our boat in the water for the season.  I'm already in the state lottery and will be up there Saturday to pay for a dock if I still want it.  I guess Chippewa is already full. I'm guessing the next best place is Blackhawk but if not it may be Moundwood.  Anyone want to give their 2 cents on this?  Since Moundwood is a little further on the east side I'm debating if it wouldn't be better to leave the boat on the trailer and take it over to Blackhawk when we want to go out and save $500.  This is our first year boating up at Indian.  We are from Plain City so we've done more boating on these lakes are Columbus so not real sure the best places on Indian Lake yet.

Thanks......

g

• View Profile
It would be nice having a boat in the water. Drive up, climb aboard and go. There are risks of the boat sinking leaving it docked. A quality cover will keep the rain out and boats with inboards can fill with water if any boots split. Hope the docks come with electric so you can hook up a battery charger so you can have an automatic bilge pump on all the time. Drive time to the dock vs. trailering would come into play too as well as convenience of not waiting in line to launch or load should be considered. There are many factors to consider and ultimately it comes down to personal preference. Good luck drawing a dock.

Vexilar