Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake Erie 5/27 & 5/28

g · 1 · 2164

g

• View Profile
Got a late start Fri., didn't get on the lake until around 4. Tried trolling spoons and did some casting South, East and West sides of Kellys. Fished 10 to 25 feet of water and didn't mark many fish or get any bites. Fished the West side last drifting from the stone dock South and didn't get anything. Had some waypoints toward American Eagle Shoal buoy so I flat lined a 40 jet diver 45 feet back with a mixed veggie colored spoon. Had my first fish within 5 minutes Caught 9, all keepers, within an hour. Trolled a small circle North of American Eagle, didn't mark fish South of the buoy. Only fished 1 rod and speed was between 2 to 2.5 MPH. Started fishing Sun. at 7:30. Started trolling just West of buoy and missed one within 2 min. and caught one within 5 min. Would have been finished by 9:30 but I threw one a little over 15 in. to be safe. Ended at 11:00 and had to put a planer board on for the last 3. Speed ranged from 2 to 3.2 MPH. Would have finished sooner if all the bigger boats from Put In Bay wouldn't have kept blowing through the area. Was a good 2 days of fishing. Not many boats around me but they were everywhere Mon. East of me toward South Bass.

Vexilar