Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2019/2020 Alum Creek Pre-Season Dock Tournament Starts October 27th

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
The 2019/2020 Alum Creek Dock tournaments starts Saturday November 2nd at 8 am until 2 pm. We will continue every Saturday until safe ice.

Rules
Entry Fee is $20. $5 will go into the heaviest five crappies, $5 will go into the heaviest 1 saugeye and $5 goes into the Big Fish pot (any species). $5 goes to Ice Fish Ohio to cover website expenses.

2 rods may be used at the same time but it must be a vertical presentation. Live bait ok.

Location Alum Creek Marina

Time 8 am until 2 pm

Register at the Marina

We will have a end of the year party after ice out and give away prizes from sponsors. You must fish at least 3 events to qualify for the championship event.

We will sponsor products from, Vexilar, Gamma Fishing Line,  and we have a new product sponsorship from Bullnose Products. They are donating two Big Red Ice Fishing Tip Down Tip Up.

Any questions call David at 614-361-5548

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:43:26 PM by davidhoheisel »
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

papaperch

• View Profile
Is fishing on these docks ok during non-tournament hours ? About a 3-1/2 drive for me.  Was thinking about a 3-day trip or so. Trying to talk wife into short fishing vacation.

linebacker43

• View Profile
Papa,

Not sure if this will help you now or not but I believe you can fish the docks this time of year. I know I have during the day and have never been bothered. Maybe someone else can chime in. I think I may have a chance to make it this weekend after 2 years of trying.

Linebacker43

quackpot

• View Profile
Papa I know there has been people that have fished till just after dark before. Boats are out unless they got a special permit. Dave posted about it in the general discussion section. Last weekend I just stayed away from the boats that were there. See everyone tomorrow

Evinrude58

• View Profile

linebacker43

• View Profile
Pleasure meeting all of you this past weekend. Had a blast and it was nice to put some faces with some screen names. Thanks for making a new guy feel welcome. Hope to be at as many tourney's as I can this winter. Thanks again!

Linebacker43

Evinrude58

• View Profile

Glayve

• View Profile
Possibly a very stupid question but are bobbers ok as long as it's straight down from the dock? I'm guessing minnows are alright as it states live bait is allowed. I have not yet ice fished but I'd like to get into it and frankly this looks like fun for my husband and I.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Yes bobbers are allowed, in fact the crappie winner last week was using a bobber. Just an fyi you would want to use a slip bobber as the water under the docks is mainly 20 feet to 25 feet deep.

Glayve

• View Profile
Slip bobbers are no problem, thank you very much for clarifying, looks like we'll be seeing you this saturday if you are there!

Glayve

• View Profile
It was awesome meeting everyone today! Had a blast! Took me an hour to fillet all those damn fish too haha.

quackpot

• View Profile
Glad you had a great time. If you get in the mood to try out the ice let me know. I may have a old shanty for you. Sorry you don't get my vex for the ice. HaHa

Glayve

• View Profile
I'll certainly post on here if I decide I want to try ice fishing this year. I'm leaning towards it so we shall see :D

quackpot

• View Profile
I have a surplus of items I can fix you up with. No comments from everyone, haha

Vexilar