Ice Fish Ohio Forum

GEAR & TACKLE SHAKEDOWN

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Since no ice yet as of Saturday 12/8/2018, spent some time in the basement shaking off the dust from the ice gear, equipment and tackle.....Cleaning & reorganizing tackle boxes, buckets and misc gear. Figuring out what new lures & tackle I need to purchase to replenish my bulging tackle boxes.

Haven't touched the rods yet, but that'll happen shortly.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

floater99

• View Profile
 Time to get ready mother nature looks like ice this season charging my batts on vex start up the auger set up the shanty freshen up

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Starting my prep too!  Lures, batteries, and accessories done.  Shanty is done as well, just needs brought up from the basement.  (If I was smart, I?d have done that task before a knee surgery.)  Rods are the only thing left.  Fished the whole season with basically 2 rods last year. So I have only 2 to clean and grease/oil, but need to check line on them all.  2 year old line can get a lot of memory so I might have lots of line to change. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Have everything ready to go. May change line on a couple reels but ready otherwise. Just come on ice Hope the 40 deg. forecasts are wrong.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man you guys got me beat ,  I really haven't done crap yet   ??.but I will   hahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Only thing I have to do is put new blades on the gas auger. Had everything else done a month ago.

novICE

• View Profile
Can't wait to get out. Bought myself a new Cabela's 360 tent that looked really good in the yard. Getting everything else ready and keeping Cabela's in business with my purchases. Still fairly new at this game  and  trying to stock up on a few more things every year. Driving my wife crazy. Making my annual trip to Michigan the day after Christmas. Hopefully can get out and test things out before then around here.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
58    new blades on power drill ?  snap   sharpen those blades buddy     on a power drill just push a bit harder  hahaha      if I use sharp blades my stupid drill sucks me thru the hole  hahahah 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar