Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye Again

bucknuts

• View Profile
Out at Buckeye this evening again. Caught at least a dozen eyes largest was 22" hog...a buddy met me out on the dock and hes an ice newbie but a real good soft water fisherman and he got 3 including a 21.5" fat lizzard and lost one at the hole...hes hooked for life. 2.5" of ice could have walked out but didnt need to. jigging spoons tipped with a minnow head in 4 fow. I had a monster hit my dead stick minnow and took my rod....sucks but lesson learned...i will never use that stupid red wire stand rod holder again...it got stuck in the hole. That was a custom fish styx dead stick rod and a diawa spinning reel $80 down the hole...oh well...it was fun.
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

g

• View Profile
Sorry to hear about the rod. Otherwise, great job.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah, that sucks.  But at least you weren?t skunked!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice fish   I can picture that rod headed down the hole     
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Saw guy

• View Profile
Congratulations on the nice fish and a good report. Glad to here that someone has the common sense not to venture out on ice less than 4". I can't stand listening to the lower IQs out there that have to do the end zone dance when they get out on thin, first ice. It's not such a big deal that they put themselves in peril, but also tend to put the novice ice fishermen in peril.

bucknuts

• View Profile
Ill go out on 2.5" of good black/clear ice and have many times...but i wont post for that reason. Dont want to feel responsible for someone getting wet or worse.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
old age and wisdom,will keep you dry,youth and enthusiasm wiil get you wet,stupid will get you wet also...??????... :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile

bucknuts

• View Profile
old age and wisdom,will keep you dry,youth and enthusiasm wiil get you wet,stupid will get you wet also...??????... :D :D :D

Are yoy saying Im young and stupid?

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
no im not saying that,it was not directed to any one person in particular,just my thoughts on pushing the envelope on early ice formation.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar