Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anybody have an ICE Report for anywhere?

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Just wondering if anybody out there has been keeping an eye on some of the lakes and ponds and if they would like to share any info? Going to go out tomorrow with my spud bar and take a ride to Nimi and see if I can get a thickness or an eye check to see if it is even trying to make ice after this warm weather. Will bring a rod with me in case it's wide open and try my luck. Will post tomorrow. 

Evinrude58

• View Profile
IceBucketJohn did a drive by of Nimmy and such today. Sent me pics of Campground cove with ice out 50 feet or so. He said OSP is still wide open.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for checking.  My work is going to be slowing down now, so ice is needed!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Yeah went by also and could see that it wasn't going to be good as I went by Eddie's bait shop and seen all that open water. I know that the brain needs sunlight (at least that's what I've heard) but the lakes sure don't. C4 might have a half inch, but it's open before it hits the big water. The boys with the motor sleds should be able by the end of the week. Anybody heard anything about Mosquito?

toadfish

• View Profile
Skim ice is just starting to form on Grand Lake St. Marys.  About 1" of snow at noon on 1-12-2019.  It will take lots of cold weather to get good enough ice to walk on if we get the 3-5" of snow expected to fall.  It could be a wash this season if things don't cool off big time.  Such a bummer of a season!  I am still thinking of taking a trip to get in some hardwater action.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Went by Nesmith and PLX in a couple other spots and saw lots of skim and tons of open water still.  The wind didn’t help freeze things up, but if we get this snow it might be a blessing it didn’t freeze up.  After today no snow through next Friday at least and lows in the teens at night so we might be good to go by next weekend! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OSP Saturday 1/12 11am

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There’s no pic.  What did you see IBJ?   If it’s fishable I will be there for sure on Tuesday, mid to late morning probably.  Hoping you weren’t posting to say the snow ruined it. 

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
springfield was sorta covered   :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Just got back from Nimi and there were guys out fishing, said that there was about 2.5 inches and they were out about 30 yards set up in Hubs and a couple of guys coming off the ice. Said that they caught some gills but nothing big. Anybody heading out tomorrow, if so see you there.

g

• View Profile
Use extreme caution and spud your way on and off the ice. I know all of us are anxious to get on the ice but err on the safety side.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wilcraft and I will be at Nimi tomorrow morning. 

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
That was at C4 or whatever they call that cove on the left as you head into the camp grounds.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im getting reports that some small places around here have 3  with lots of sketchy ice. 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

polar bear

• View Profile
i stopped by Wauseon Reservoir in Northwest ohio Monday night after work and 95 percent of the reservoir had skim ice on it.    :) :) :)

Vexilar