Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:43 AM

Author Topic: Forecast  (Read 5702 times)

Tanker593

• View Profile
Forecast
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »

The forecast for the next 10 days looks promising. I might have to take MLK day off if we get some good ice.

g

• View Profile
Re: Forecast
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:14:42 PM »

The temps look promising but the amount of snow will hurt the making of ice. The bright side is Indian Lake may only get a few inches of snow. This is one time I hope the weathermen are wrong,

Saw guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:05 AM »

Keeping fingers crossed. Went to Houghton last weekend. Great trip. Were on the walleye and pike. Can't wait to fish local and avoid the 5 hour haul. Thanks for the updates. I'll stay tuned in.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:25:51 PM »

its lookin up guys
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

magner34

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:50 PM »

The next 10 days or so look pretty good for ice...and hopefully the days after will be even better as we get closer to the end of the month. Hopefully we only get minimal snow fall but we'll see. Its gotta be right around the corner right???

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 06:45:36 AM »

Has anyone put eyes on the lake in the last couple days? Was curious how much was frozen before the snow and how much snow was on top of whatever is there.

Tanker593

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »

Lakeside had a note that there may be around an 1" at some of the docks.  Hopefully it started to freeze after the snow moved out.  I won't be able to fish until Sunday anyways.  I'm thinking that will be enough time to get some safe ice.  The forecast is looking better.  I'm going try to take Monday off and stay the night at the camper to get 2 days in.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 02:38:57 PM »

I'm hoping we don't get all this heavy snow they are calling for.  May hinder the ice some.

magner34

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 08:22:12 PM »

I'm not liking all this snow talk...living in NW Ohio it sounds like they are calling for 1-3 inches on Thursday and then who the hell knows for this weekend?? Possibly 8-12in or even more. Sure hope that's not the case. I was hoping by next weekend we would have a solid 5 inches of ice or better but not sure if that well be the case? Any thoughts?? Probably just have to wait and see what mother nature brings our way! Fingers crossed!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 08:32:59 PM »

Me neither.   Snow sucks.  Here in East Canton they’re saying 14-22”. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Tanker593

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 09:37:03 AM »

I was hoping to spend the night up in my camper over the weekend and fish Sunday evening and Monday but with the forecast of 20mph winds and near 0 temps I don't think that will be a fun night.  I might just stay in Plain City and head up to Indian Monday morning.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar