Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hope dashed again

g · 7 · 3251

g

• View Profile
Finally getting temps to start building ice and here comes the snow. I wonder if we will ever get fishable ice this season. Oh well, it is what it is and no use dwelling on it. If we do get ice, I am definitely taking vacation days to make the most of it.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I think we’ll definitely get on.   Long term is looking up.  Just might be a few extra days if we get snow.  

Just saw what you meant.  Weird you guys are seeing a bigger snowfall forecast than we are up here.  Just flurries for us, which wouldn’t be a big deal. But 3-6 inches would hurt!   Hope it’s wrongand stays south of us all. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:00:30 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ya know the ice pack map is really weird this year  along with the jet stream being all  strange.    oh well   my driveway is icey   lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Let me know if you have any luck catching fish in your driveway snowcone and I'll join you if you do. LOL!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same here!  I know the Wilcraft works great in my driveway!  We can try it on Rik’s too!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
5 day forecast around Dayton looks dismal. Daytime temps above freezing and rain Fri. Looks like ice fishing in central Ohio will be a bust this year. Need a couple arctic blasts to have any kind of ice season.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
trust me if i had fish in my drive there would be beer and hot dog , and a full tank of gas in the drill, and we would throw fish out the window at each other    hahahahahah   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar