Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mosquito Lake

CrappieOH

• View Profile
Just wondering if anyone on here is near Mosquito, I would really appreciate an ice report. And we may get some fishable ice on erie? Catawba locked up last night. Here is the link to the lake live cams if you guys didn't know: https://www.shoresandislands.com/webcams/

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Great!  Thanks!  Not sure about mosquito, I do know there’s a couple guys over that way but haven’t heard anything yet. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
Saw a report from two different places that people fell in at the campground. Please wait till it freezes

Evinrude58

• View Profile
I know of the guy who fell in a the campground on Friday. First him and his buddy did not have spikes, a rope or a spud bar. I had just warned him not to go past the hole drilled to the south and that the ice to the west was sketchy. He proceeded to walk onto the ice I had just warned him about without a spud bar. He was lucky it was only three feet deep.
     The one that made all of us nervous was the guy who said he weighed over 325 who got inside a Bay Runner (ice coffin) shanty with his 200lb daughter. They finally left because water was welling up thru their floor holes. The shanty by the time they left was sitting in a small pond that was atleast  an inch deep and spread 5 feet from the shanty. Within five minutes of them leaving the water was gone.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that sounds like a rescue or a recovery waiting to happen...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

novICE

• View Profile
Saw on the news that a family of 7 went through yesterday. I guess two of them are still in the hospital.

CrappieOH

• View Profile
Wow, just saw the report. Can't believe people go out on the ice without knowing that it is safe.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
isnt it amazing that when the water freezes people just assume that its ok   and venture out on the ice like its a parking lot , seems like common sense just gets ignored.  i find it un nerving when im out on a lake in my shanty and the people walking around with street clothes and the family wandering around like its a parking lot , they have no safety equip. no clue ....and then ask how thick is the ice   hahahahahhah   

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!!  Especially this year it’s been screwy.  People need to understand if you don’t know what you’re doing, and don’t have the safety equipment then stay off the ice!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Concerning the family that went in heard they had seven people in one shanty including a couple kids.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
turned into a rescue  after all    :P

Vexilar