Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:48 AM

Author Topic: Parking?  (Read 3782 times)

roosterfish

• View Profile
Parking?
« on: January 24, 2019, 08:40:56 AM »

I want to give Indian Lake a shot in the next few weeks. I’m driving up from Cincinnati, and have never been to the lake. I’ve read previously that parking is an issue. On the map, I see several boat ramps. Is it safe to assume that there is legal parking and access near the boat ramps?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Re: Parking?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:23:17 AM »

Your best bet for public parking with decent fishing close is probably Blackhawk. The main channel there by the ramp can be good fishing at times and it's not too far too get back to the Lucys pond area. The area usually holds gills and sometimes some crappie and saugeye. Long island area is good but it's roadside parking for the most part and can get really crowded. There are some other places you can get away with parking but it's usually a crap shoot whether you can get a spot. Good luck

roosterfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:38:09 AM »

Thanks! I’ll try at Blackhawk Marina. Every time I go to a new lake, I have an irrational fear of coming off the ice (cold & tired), only to find that I’ve been towed.

firemedic17

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 01:58:13 PM »

North fork has all kinds of new no trespassing signs  up???

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:14:56 PM »

They've had signs up for a couple years. Lots of people park over there but I have heard of guys getting tickets. Not sure if it's true but...

Tanker593

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 11:37:44 AM »

I heard a rumor that some vehicles got towed at Long Island on Sunday. Any truth to vehicles being towed? I fished Blackhawk most of Saturday but drove out to Long Island in the afternoon and there were plenty of vehicles out there.  It seemed most of the vehicles I saw were parked along the roads.  Just trying to keep my truck from getting towed if I make it out there on Saturday.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar