Ice Fish Ohio Forum

cordless drill auger adapter

Gill261 · 8 · 11188

Gill261

• View Profile
Has anyone have or used the cordless drill auger adapter, and your thoughts good and bad

columbusfire

• View Profile
I used my 18 volt Hitachi with my Nero ice auger this year for the first time. It worked good for two  7 inch holes, then it stripped the clutch on the drill. Not sure why.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
theres alot of guys that use electric , mostly larger drills and batts. also  i wish i could go electric my gas drill is heavy .   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

trapperjon

• View Profile
I've been using the Ice kicker 2 for 5yrs now without any issues, mora auger and a 18v ryobi,  their made in Erie Pa and have a lifetime warranty.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
i dont have a adapter on my drill motor,and see no reason to have one,i have a five inch lazer auger and i cuts fine......... :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

fishingful

• View Profile
I have a dewalt 20 v with a 6 amp battery and a clam plate. 6 inch mora. Works great for me.

I do notice it will "catch" on junk ice but hard ice it cuts right through. The blades are about 6 years old but thats one year in ohio ice lol.

MF87

• View Profile
you need to use a brush less drill. i can drill about 10- 6" holes with my 18v drill

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I recently set up my 8 inch laser auger with a clam drill plate and a dewalt cordless hammer drill. Put in a 6 amp 20/60v flexvolt battery. I drilled holes all day thru 8-10 inches up in Michigan running and gunning for perch in less than 20 degree weather without keeping the battery warm.   No problems at all and at the end of the day it hadn't even come off of the third bar on the charge! Would be a bit pricey to buy that setup, but lucky for me I have all the dewalt stuff I'd ever want sitting around at work.

Vexilar