Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Not liking next week.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Now that we have a nice ice base we get 5 days oo 50 degrees and some with heavy rain.   >:( I wonder how bad it’ll hurt the ice and what we’ll lose.  Just got my first Wilcraft trip yesterday and I want more!!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

gimme ice

• View Profile
Yea, weather next week not looking good. This weekend is prime though. Gonna hit a couple metroparks lakes.  ;)

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately today is out for me, but I’m going to go somewhere tomorrow. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Good old Ohio weather. Don't have to love it but we do have to deal with it. We finally get ice and here comes the warm temps and rain. Go figure.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
it may knock down a couple inches, and get wet.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of rain Wed. through Thurs. near Dayton. Hope there isn't much wind or we are in real trouble. The rain will hurt some but wind and rain together would be disaster. Supposed to get cold again the end of the week so hope is still in the air.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
a lot of water on the ice today(Monday)when I left plx at 4 pm... >:( >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey   hopper  how much ice was left,  i drove down to check the ice  but left my spud bar at home so i didnt drill any holes.  i bet that a hole will look like a toilet flush with all this water on the ice  lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Still had 6 inches where I fished at Indian today and shore ice was decent. That will change with rain the next 2 days. Good bye ice, boo hiss.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
G thought you were headed North on Friday ? If you are should be good ice by the time you get back>

g

• View Profile
Weather not looking good down here. Too much rain and high temps the next few days then won't get cold enough long enough to fix the damage. Still planning on heading North Fri. though so I will get 1 last fix in.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Anybody else looking for 1 last ice outing, lake st clair is putting up a good show right now. After some mediocre fishing around here since the cold snap, we decided to head north for a couple days. Kept 110 perch, most between 9 and 12 inches, in a day and a half between 2 of us . Lots of smaller fish too. Spoons tipped with shiner heads took most of the bigger fish. Got some on jigs too.
They've had some melting too but most of the places I saw were 8 inches of ice or more. I'm gonna try to get up there one more time if my schedule and the weather permit. Be safe out there.

g

• View Profile
Great job Aaron. Did you hear if Chris and Jeremy did any good yesterday?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice fish!!  Well done!! 

Anyone been out or check local ice yesterday or today?  I won’t be able to check anything till Friday afternoon. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar