Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wilcraft was out yesterday!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Got the Wilcraft out on Portage yesterday.  Had a good 6-7” of ice everywhere I went.  Bite was excruciating slow.  A couple dink gills and 3 bass.  But 2 of the bass were over 4 pounds.  It was the lightest bite I’ve ever experienced there. They just didn’t want to take it.  And I hardly marked any fish. But the Wilcraft was awesome!!!  Easy to relocate, all my gear self-contained, no dragging anything around and safe!  My back and knees loved it!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
The Wilcrafts are great. Rode in quackpots last Sun. and loved it. Definitely jealous. Good luck on your future outings.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s great!!  Thanks!  Can’t wait for trip #2.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice again buddy ....should up the fun factor  ehh  like the pics
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It does!!   Also ups the easy factor.   It was so nice when I wanted to try another spot all I did was turn a key and drive there.  No packing up or a long drag around.  Getting lazy as I get older! 

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
Right there with you, I didn’t realize how fun this could be. No more wanting to take a nap after I change spots.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
you guys   now i dont like draggin all my junk around  after yesterday im going to motorize my sled....

byg

• View Profile
I think I saw one up at indian lake sat.. kinda  neat

quackpot

• View Profile
That was mine, if you’re going to the fishing expo next weekend it will be on display there or catch up with me on the ice. I’ll be glad to let you check it out. And snowcone I don’t like dragging my stuff around anymore. If there’s still ice and I get up there I’ll wave if I go past you. Or wave and I’ll stop.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok quackpot   i will fire a flair to say hay    hahahahah

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree Quackpot.  I thought the Wilcraft would be cool and fun.  But it is a lot nicer and more convenient than I thought it ever would be. Not to mention feeling safe moving around on the lake.  No worries of a soft spot or current creating a thin area.   Just have to watch where I set stuff.   Almost lost my scoop down the hole.   My dad was with me and he loves it too.  He might actually ice fish more with me now.  He was not liking dragging all the gear around at 60 anymore.  Especially if there’s any snow on the ice. 

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Wilcraft must be nice.But for those of us who ice fish,can't afford one and hate dragging your sled with all the gear, try a SMITTY SLED. Just strap your sled/shelter onto the SMITTY SLED and go! Works great especially with snow on the ice.Make your own-GOOGLE SMITTY SLED!
My best friends are ice holes.

quackpot

• View Profile
I have nothing against a smitty sled. I even made a couple myself. And if someone is wanting a set of skis I have a set they can have. I will be at the Columbus fishing expo in the icefishohio booth all weekend. Let me know and you can get them there.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Yea for us less than wealthy types a smitty sled is the way to go. Didn't realize how much of a difference it would make. I can pull my flip over with literally one finger. My 6 y/o granddaughter actually was dragging it around the yard when we had snow (she weighs 45lbs and the sled weighs around 150-175).

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Those things are awesome!   And I wish I was wealthy.............my Wilcraft came as a by product of selling my bass boat which I had only used 2 times in 3 years since the surprise arrival of my son.   

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar