Ice Fish Ohio Forum

three lake day

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
made a road trip to three lakes,  hinkley....ledge... and  plx   the ice was 4 clear hard avg all over.  clarity was bad at hinkley  about 8 inches, no luck..went zero on fish they didnt want anything , minnos, jigs, maggs..notin.. wound up at portage lakes and hooked up a bass but no crapps, gills, perch   its been a tough year i guess not having a fish finder is killin me..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

gimme ice

• View Profile
Ha. Hinckley and Ledge are my go to's. Jealous. Life happens kept me off the ice this weekend.  ;)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
save the gas it was so muddy  like 8 inch  at hinkey.  but it may get better  hope ya can get out soon  good luck

g

• View Profile
Now that's being mobile. Good job snowcone in moving when not getting fish. Glad you at least caught something for all your moves.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey g it was just one of those days  where the weather got the best of us, wanted to keep hitting places just for the halibut   hahahah   its rainin now , this may put the hurt on the lakes around me,   but spring is on the way this weather is so wishy washy my ice time was short .

g

• View Profile
Amen to that snowcone. Raining in Xenia too. Hopefully the rain won't hurt the ice too bad. Didn't have the wind this rain round so that may help. Next 5 days only 1 night above freezing so will have to wait and see.Good luck if you make it out again.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Tough day.  Seems to be tough all over right now.  I’m hoping the ice survives the week and maybe next week I can get back on.  Things will slow down a little the next couple weeks.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ye let me know about the ice     if i can get out again i would bust a mov  ;D

g

• View Profile
Make the most of your wilcraft slab, You should have a little extended season over the rest of us.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I really want to!!   It’s loaded and ready to go!  I just need to slow down at work.  Normally as a concrete contractor I am off all winter but this year I’ve only been off a few days when it was below 0.  I got out every day during that week and weekend but it’s back to crazy busy again.  10-12 hour days in Cleveland. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar