Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:44 PM

Author Topic: Ice conditions??  (Read 4289 times)

magner34

• View Profile
Ice conditions??
« on: February 17, 2019, 11:35:26 AM »

Anyone fish Indian this weekend? I've been working all weekend and off these next 2 days and thought about possibly making the drive. Wasn't sure if the typical areas still had decent ice and if the edges were sturdy enough? Looks like its going to warm up towards the end of the weekend so this likely will be my last go for the year. Thanks in advance for the info!

g

• View Profile
Re: Ice conditions??
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 03:56:44 PM »

Talked wit a fellow out on Paradise Sat. evening. He had to plank it to get on good ice, the edges were open water. He said he was sitting on 5-6 inches of ice. Was too windy for me there so I went to Dunns. 1 guy fishing there and not near as windy so I fished Dunns. He said he marked fish all day but no bites. I fished from around 4 til 7 and managed a 22 in. pregnant eye that probably weighed around 4 lbs. Ice was 4 inches or better. Got to Dunns Sun. before daylight and fished all day with Josh and Andy. Marked a lot of fish early and was sporadic after that but they sure didn't bite.During the day Andy caught a small eye, Josh got a small eye, a 15 in. eye and an almost 14 in. pretty and pregnant perch and I got a small bass. Computer dying, will finish later.

g

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 06:19:39 PM »

The evening bite was short. I pulled a 16 in. eye, a 17 in. eye and a decent sized white bass. Andy and Josh got a few crappies and both had fish break their lines. Was a long tough day but spent with good friends so it made it very enjoyable and worth it.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »

I fished yesterday. Found 4 1/2 inches a couple places but it's not great ice. Shot full of air bubbles. Edges are dicey in a lot of places. With heavy snow, rain and then warm temps, I can't see it being fishable for long. I heard someone went through yesterday. I'm done. Did manage a bunch of gills, some nice crappies and 2 nice perch.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:09:54 AM »

its nice you guys got out again , i agree with ya i was on nimi yesterday there was still 5 " of clear but the edges were goin fast, after yesterday i packed it in till next year, i just dont feel like getting wet . spud bar was my buddy lololol     with the weather patterns lately it seems like our ice fishing days are shorter and shorter around here..   stay dry folks
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »

Glad you got out Aaron and caught some fish. Hate to hear someone went through but glad to hear you stayed dry. With the rain and the temps, I am done til next year, just like I believe the ice is. Still plan on doing a Saginaw Bay trip, hopefully next weekend. I agree with you snowcone, the weather patterns are really bad. Winter is supposed to be cold not rainy.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar