Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice this weekend?

KR905 · 6 · 3013

KR905

• View Profile
Anyone expecting to be able to get out on some ice this weekend in the Akron area?  What lakes?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure.  I checked 2 spots at PLX and saw a lot of open water.  I’m going to check again tomorrow afternoon.  If there’s nothing tomorrow, I doubt the weekend will be better.   But Mogadore might have something on it. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Buddy sent me a pic yesterday of guys fishing at the old state park, imagine with the cold today it's even better.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i was by moggy today , went by the new launch ramp checking ice . the edges were getting soft and it snappled when i jumped on it,  there was one red shanty out there but i dont know ice thickness , didnt have my spikes or drill any holes. lansinger rd is gated off now .  i put my gear up or i might be tempted to give it a look at moggy . the ice is going to get wishy washy soon, besides i have a gas drill and i dodnt want the fun police after me   hahahaahahahahahahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

bucknuts

• View Profile
I was on some decent ice on Tuesday at Charles Mill. lots of marks. Got a dink Saugeye and two monster slab crappies. my buddy got a crappie and a nice perch. 3hrs of fishing.
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

KR905

• View Profile
I've heard some reports of people being out at PLX in a few areas.  I've checked Nimisila and there seems to be about 3" of ice out there closer to shore, so that seems kind of sketchy.   Anyone know about Mosquito?

Vexilar