Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimmy ice fishing 2019/2020

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Last couple years Nimmy has fished different. This year may be even worse. I fished it for the first time in months and the weeds were the worst I have ever seen. Not just the usual seaweed but some type of grass. Grass was so thick in some areas that 13ft was reading 3 feet deep.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow!!  That could make it tough. Hard to fish through that.  Tungsten really helps push through it, but it will be tough fishing.  Was last year. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nimmy has changed  alot, i sure hope it re bounds ,  i used to catch some nice ones there.   last year not so much..  but i spend my summer on erie and hardly fish the small lakes too much untill they freeze   lol   with all the weeds maybe the perch will get bigger.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Wish I could get on Erie more. Only caught one open seat this year, haven't seen as many posted last couple years. Last two years I even entered the Brawl as there always seemed to be seats the so I entered then none open during Brawl. This year didn't bother.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey 58  i got in the brawl , then my boat is layed up and my buds boat is cripple,  couldnt have happened at worse time..    dam bud  next year give me a shout , im retired and  always lookin to go up and fish.  just have to pick days when waves are 2 ft  or iess.  this season kicked my butt  , truck broke down, hot water tank croaked, washer blew up, dog died, , right now im waiting to put a stator in my 90merc.  couldnt post pic unless i shrink it  lamo...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Snow am retired too. I had a year like that a couple years back, had to replace every appliance in the house in 18 months. Good news is I should be good for a few years.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
its been rough on the lake lately,   but this time of year  most of the week end warriors have tucked their  boats away  lol    and the brawlers are tighted lips .  their still smashin em....   lolol   

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow Rik, sorry about all that!!  Especially losing the dog.   :'(  That’s a tough one.  Mines 7 and am dreading that day.  They’re family! 

But, Hopefully we’ll get good ice and can hit some hard water in the wilcraft.  No more walking for me!  Especially with another knee surgery coming Thursday.   Just can’t take it on Nimmy. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanx joel, we just got a new dog   the little women  wanted a  pomachon>   pomaranian/ bichon friz   cute little  white dog about 1  1/2  lb     yeh evinrude  it was rhe year of the  crap   hahaha    but spring its all good...     and here comes winter  ....

g

• View Profile
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes snowcone. Seems boats break down at the worst times. Seemed like the winds were always too high and from the wrong direction at Erie this year. Couldn't  or didn't want to get beat up the last 6 trips up this year.Good thing there is always next year, God willing. Hopefully we will have a good ice season for a change and we can make up for the lousy summer.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Amen to that!!!!  I think I fished like 6-7 times this summer.  Between truck breakdowns, broken leg, and now knee surgery, combined with one off my busiest years ever at work and I never really made it out. Looking to make up for it on the hard water!

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Totally agree with EV58.  Nimmy has changed.  For the last few years, it's been a disappointment despite my hours on the hardwater in search of Gills, Crappie, Perch... whatever.The catch has been extremely sporadic... and that's not just from me but other guy who've spent hours drilling & searching.

It's still a beautiful, local lake but I've been focused on other lakes within the PLX chain and Mosquito.  I'll hit Nimmy early in the ice season, but will move to other lakes once safe ice is obtained.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
X2 what John said!!!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar