Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weather forecast

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Looking at the temperatures for next week and its looking good for ice making. In Columbus the lows starting this Thursday is 22, Friday 23, Saturday 34 Sunday 35, Monday 19, Tuesday 16, Wednesday 23, Thursday 28 and next Friday 27! I know it won't be safe ice but its a darn good start!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Its starting to turn, it will take some pretty cold consecutive days to get the water temps down. Then we need the wind to disappear.  I think I will start going through my gear though, never to soon to start thinking ice fishing.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Massillon area is forecasted to be below freezing about 60 hours starting Monday night. That should bring water temps down a bit. Gear is gone thru just need to test Buddy heater.

ice hole 2

• View Profile

The Indian Lake area is forecasted for next week -Nov 11-17- as avg temp of 28.3 with lows avg temps of 21.6. Should help with the water temps. however, if you base safe ice formation on 10 consecutive days below freezing and really believe long term predictions that are highly questionable on accuracy, we could be ice fishing on Jan. 20,2020. We can always hope. Remember, no ice is ever safe! Be careful!
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It does look good!   My gear is ready!  Had knee surgery yesterday, so I went through everything and loaded the Wilcraft beforehand.   Just need to drive it in the trailer and go fishing!   Can’t wait!   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Dec 16th
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I should be healed enough for the Wilcraft in 3-4 weeks.  Anything after that is great!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man i hope ya get better    i missed  alot of fishin last year when i was in hosp for a week.    but this year people were doin better...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Amen!   This surgery is already going better.  I’m actually listening to the surgeon this time.   My knee is already better after 5 days than it was after 5 weeks last time.  I want to be ready for ice season.

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Indian Lake Area -  Based on the long term forecast my guess for good ice is 16 Jan 2020.
My best friends are ice holes.

Vexilar