Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Powering Electronics & Lights

toadfish

• View Profile
Try using a 12v lithium ion car jumpstarter for powering your electronics or shanty lights.  I got one the these from Amazon for around $50 and some connectors to wire up to my graph for my kayak. They are light weight, hold their charge in cold, perform well in the cold and are supposed to have a long life as they can be charged many more times than the typical lead acid gel cell.  The one in the kayak is only 7800 mah but keeps my lowrance hook 4 going longer than 6 hours.  It powered my vexilar fl20 for over 7 hours too.

https://www.amazon.com/Beatit-Flashlight-Portable-10800mAh-Emergency/dp/B07CSHTCT3/ref=sr_1_17?crid=20C1S5CUASYOD&keywords=beatit+jump+starter&qid=1574521182&sprefix=Beatit%2Caps%2C282&sr=8-17

This is a little cheaper than getting the Dakota lithium ion battery, but it won't last as long.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i started using my cordless drill batts,  to power my garmin, lasts all day ..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I built a 12 volt battery power box using a Vex Battery as shown on You Tube by JDS Outdoors It has 2 USB Ports, Digital Volt Meter,, LED Light & Cigarette Lighter Port & Bananna Jacks for attaching other 12 volt lights, systems, etc.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:40:28 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
jon i keep tellin slab that i should get him a smoke alarm for his shed , am i going to have to get you one   hahahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Just love to read your replies!!! Keep it up!!!
My best friends are ice holes.

Vexilar