Ice Fish Ohio Forum

If the mice are any indication.......

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I’ve never seen so many mice trying to get in my garage and barn in the 16+ years I’ve lived here.  I know they try and come in ahead of a bad winter, so I’m hoping they’re good weather forecasters and not just being a royal pain in the butt.  We’re due for a great ice season!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Hope the mice are an indicator of a cold winter. Saw many dark colored woolly worms earlier which is supposed to indicate a cold winter too. A friend also saw a white woolly worm which means a lot of snow. Don't care about a lot of snow, but I could ride the sled. I agree slab, we are way past due for a good ice season.

toadfish

• View Profile
I am ready for some ice.  Rain & 48 is not good ice making weather.  I hope any mice that get into slabs garage or barn don't chew up his gear!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yep this weather sure  ain't helping lake Erie freeze up, I'm packed and ready to roll, me and the walleye whisperer got work to do 8)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m ready too!   So far they haven’t got into the Wilcraft.  Hoping it stays that way!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
I'm ready to whisper sweet nothings to the walleyes for us Nate.Hope we get multiple chances this year.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey joel ya need to sit out there with a bb pistol and some peanut butter   hahah   im with you guys on gettin good ice this year.  as i sit here looking out the window its snowing so hard i cant see accross the street       i really want to get on the big pond this year for some eyes and perch so dont forget  about  joel and i  when its time   after last  summer there should be eyes  jumpin in the  hole   hahahah    i need to get my fuel line fixed on my gas drill..  wish i had electric  instead...  and next year its  3 rods on the big pond
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
The more the merrier snowcone. When we get good ice, we need to schedule a group outing.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Got that right , Rick!!  I’ve got my eye on an Ion electric.   Will drill 1000+ inches on one battery charge.   Lighter and less messy than gas.   And much less maintenance.   But after  getting a Garmin livescope panoptix ice fishing unit last week my ice budget is shot this year.   Barring an unexpected mini  windfall before year end, looks like the new auger will be slated for next season.   :-\

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
joel thats awesome  you got a garmin,   i love mine.   so with a new toy like that i could wait on an electric  drill. lol     oh man a  trip to the big pond  is in the future guys.   a group outing would be kool   !!!   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!   An Erie group would be great! 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar