Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NO ICE THIS YEAR

herefishy · 41 · 20549

herefishy

• View Profile
Hey guys. It surely looks like there is not going to have any ice this year. This warm weather has the season messed up  Go north to MI ;)

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Wash your mouth out with soap for saying such a thing.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Good reply Evinrude58!!  So lets take a look at the Indian Lake area forecast. If correct (although it has not been all season), starting Jan 24 -Feb 5 the avg H=28.9 L=12.6. May the ICE GODS be kind to us!!NEVER give up!!!!
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
January is a lost month, but the local news said for February the average high will be 29.2 and the low will be 12.9.  Hope that’s accurate, because we’ll get some good ice with that!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I haven't completely given up hope but it's not looking good. Unless we get a major pattern shift in the next couple weeks we are pretty much screwed. I have zero faith in the 7 day forecasts, much less the long term. The weather is so screwed up the last few years I don't think anyone has an idea what it's gonna do. And our last ice in the Indian lake area is usually right around valentines day. The days just start getting too long and the sun angle starts increasing after that. If we don't have a really good base by then it's not happening. So fingers crossed for some local ice but I'm not gonna sit around and wait for it. Heading north on the 17th. Hopefully I'll come back to winter...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
there will be ICE,but when,and for how long is the million dollar question,the way it looks now it will be February,this short ice fishing seems to be a reaccuring pattern the last few years,the last great season was 2014...………………………... :-\ :-\ :-\
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

herefishy

• View Profile
Wash your mouth out with soap for saying such a thing.
Just being truthful. No ice in the future. Let’s wait till next year. Ice season is like the Browns.  IFFY !!!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Last season of No Ice was 2011-2012
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It’ll come.  I think by months end we’ll be on ice!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Hope you are right , Slab! Looking at the forecast for Indian Lake area, 16 Jan. - 6 Feb Avg. H =31.3  Avg. L=16.9  Here again, this is long range. No faith! BUT we have a chance!!Keep our chins up!!!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
shoot  my drill is still down needing fuel lines, i was hoping if i didnt fix it right away it would freeze up...hahahah   guess i was dreaming.  sure a screwy year.  guess ill go magnet fishing    hahahahha
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Weather forecast for Indian Lake area- From Jan 25-Feb 21  H=35.5 deg.  L=23.2 deg. BUT from Feb 11 - Feb 21 ( 11days )  H= 34.3 deg.  L= 17.7 deg.  MAYBE !!!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Yea this season due to other things only got out 4 times so far.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m sure hoping!!!   🤞🏻🤞🏻

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar