Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NO ICE THIS YEAR

herefishy · 41 · 20553

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same here.   I didn’t get out either.  Killed me.   The window we had I was sick with flu.  Then we lost the base and I won’t go out on 2” anymore.   I have all the safety gear, but all the early spots by me only have dink gills at 2” of ice.  We need a good 3-4” for me to get to my good spots.   I’m not into risking my life or gear for a 3” fish anymore.   Getting too old for that.   I am super disappointed though.   This is the first year I’ve missed in a long long time.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yah I never got out once in Ohio. I'm in about the same boat as you Joel. Need some decent ice to get to my good spots and at 250 lbs I am not going out on 2 1/2 inches. If my butt hole is puckered up the whole time it really isn't that much fun. Lol. Did make a couple Michigan trips but really love fishing Indian and it's disappointing not getting on there. Did get the boat out yesterday! Got 27 keeper crappie using ice gear.  :D

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow  no ice this  year   almost  crazy town.....  so yesterday i hit the chagrin and hooked a couple steelies, a 5 lb male and a 4 lb female.  scratched my itch for a bit.  i would have posted pics but its a pain....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Nice job Aaron. Won't be long and the boat will be out of storage and up at Erie.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
bummer         so its leap year  and im leaping into my boat as soon as possible  , didnt walk on any ice this year.

g

• View Profile
Great jo on the steelies snowcone. I'm with you, I'll be jumping in my boat asap.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed.   Unfortunately boat season is here with zero ice trips!   So disappointing!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah this year was a real  bust. i have cabin fever  really  bad.  now im waiting to hit erie, look for mushrooms,  get outside,  just not in the house....aawwwww

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Got an eighth trip in, but put all gear away today. Season is done I think.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Yep, we are done for this year. Glad to see you had a good season!  Better than most! Hear from you next season, my friend!!!
My best friends are ice holes.

columbusfire

• View Profile
I guess that I was lucky to get out 3 days in December on my pond. I thought it was just the beginning of a great season! Maybe next year................

Vexilar