Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where is everybody?

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Did the site close and nobody tell me? First dock tourney is in 2 weeks and nobody is here. Wake up and put some life back in the site.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m sort of here!   Not been a good year for me health wise.  No COVID-19 thankfully, but 2 joint surgeries and an ankle reconstruction coming in 2 weeks.  2020 has sucked.   Surgeon told me with modern technology I’ll only be on crutches 2 weeks and in a boot for 4-6 weeks after that.   So I should be ready to go on ice by beginning to mid January.   

Also going to get prizes out and contests up for 2021 season here right quick.   Want it all done before surgery because I can’t drive for a while.   It’s the right ankle.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Blackcat86

• View Profile
It's been an odd year, indeed!  Someone said that someday we'll tell our great-grandkids that we lived through the Great Toilet Paper Shortage.

My friends and I are all getting older every day, which you would think would be a good thing.  We've always been competitive, though now it seems like we're racing to the "finish line."  If we keep up this pace, I'll run out of pallbearers.

One of my friends was an avid hard- and soft-water fisherman, tug operator, charter captain, marina owner.  I'm helping his family sort through and sell off all his stuff.  The experience really opens one's eyes to just how much "stuff" we accumulate over a lifetime of having fun.  George Carling was right...again.  Ha!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=george+carlin%3a+stuff&&view=detail&mid=0C9D83F33FC270ECA0790C9D83F33FC270ECA079&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dgeorge%2Bcarlin%253a%2Bstuff%26qpvt%3Dgeorge%2Bcarlin%253a%2Bstuff%26FORM%3DVDRE

toadfish

• View Profile
I am just checking in.  I hope slab makes a full recovery prior to a good, long season.  If things work out, we might be on the ice a week or two prior to him being allowed to drive.  I have been watching YouTube ice fishing videos like crazy.  I hope to get out this year.  No dock tournament for me, it turns fishing into stress and work, that is what i try to get away from by fishing.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

toadfish

• View Profile
Snow yesterday and below freezing temps this morning have me stocked for.some hard water.  Temps are forecasted to be in the 60's later this week though.  Until cooler temps arrive' i will continue to catch ccrappie from the bank, watch perch videos and dream about hard water!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m ready now with the weather on Sunday! Got all my gear ready so when I’m recovered from the ankle I can immediately get on the ice.  I’m hoping for a great season!  I should be out of the boot by around Christmas.   I’m hoping this is the year!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
still here as you guys ,,,goin to erie tomm and scare up some fish  ...hahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Still here,  trying to kick this weird bug, no taste, smell, all joints hurt, headaches every day, worst symptom no one really talks about and that confusion, I'll walk into a room and forget why I came into the room, lay my keys down and then can't find them, I was trying to make ice jigs yesterday, I must have walked from the garage to the house 10 times and each time I forgot why I went to where I was going and why I went there... nothing you can do for it but wait it out, loss of taste and smell lasted about 3 weeks, headaches started about the same time, fatigue sent in last week, loss of memory just started last week. Other than those weird feelings I've had no breathing issues... Doc said no reason to get tested because I don't have a fever, so I continue life as a normal, confused sore, grumpy old bastard... Hope to see ya'll on the ice this season.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Man, that’s tough!!   I think we’ve all have it too.  We have the same symptoms but added GI stuff.   They won’t test any of us either.   Been going on since mid September.   I hope you can get to feeling better soon!!

Team Wilcraft!

toadfish

• View Profile
Man, that’s tough!!   I think we’ve all have it too.  We have the same symptoms but added GI stuff.   They won’t test any of us either.   Been going on since mid September.   I hope you can get to feeling better soon!!
watch it wapak ice dawg, my whole family had it in August and none of us had a fever.  Mostly mild symptoms, everyone had something different. It is running rampant in your county and mine.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
the crap just keeps gettin deeper  ,  i wont be fishin now  totaled my pick up  ....... :'(      but im still here lol

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Man that sucks Rik.   Hopefully you’re ok and will have wheels by ice on!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep  ok    hope you heal fast joel      throw a penny in the snow for good luck for all of us......cant even get a good wine goin you guys  have  more crap than me happinin  ,      hey we need a like button  eh ? 

g

• View Profile
Glad you are ok someone. Hope you heal quick slab. The current weather played the groundwork for ice by cooling the water temps. Hoping everyone will have a better 2021, especially when we get ice. Good luck to everyone.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!   Groundwork is set! 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar