Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any thoughts

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I  would like to take a moment to share a couple ideas of upcoming future plans. Returning to the IFO platform will be many of the old time favorites to include Demo Days, NE Ohio Panfish Series, local seminars. And a site that will be fully supported and staffed. We are actively working to renew or obtain new sponsorship to fuel our rebuild. I welcome the return of our annual ice safety refreshers and much more.  Share with us all any ideas or recommendations you may have to make this site as inclusive and enjoyable as possible !
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Maybe a kid's fishing derby. Get guys from the site to help with gear and teaching them how to use a flasher and such. Sort of like they do during the spring/summer. If the parents are new teach them too.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I like that idea!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I do as well, also would like to expand our soft water events also, could include a kids event with that also, and maybe a cookout/ awards deal. Keep the ideas coming !!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
maybe clean up a few sections like Ice Fishing Tournaments by getting rid of items such as North vs South, Fish Ohio Awards and such that no longer pertain or aren't used.  Possibly redo the Ice Fishing Reports section into say 5 regions. As the way it is set up now you have to search thru a very long list looking for info on lakes in your area. Then if you wanted you could list the lakes in the correct region or not at all. I have found that that for the most part in other forums that most people put reports in a general regional chat than in individual lakes areas. This if done could make the site a bit easier to use.

One thing I noticed is when you enter the site at the top left it says IceFishOhio Home. Then when you say click on General Discussions it reads IceFishOhio Home-Ice Fishing-General Discussion. This leads me to believe that there is a layer between the Home page and where the General Discussions are. If so maybe this could be used to tighten up the sections by having several choices such as Soft Water, Tournaments, Ice Fishing Reports, General Info, and Sponsors  as some examples. So when you entered the site if you wanted to find an Alum ice report you would start on the home page then choose Ice Fishing Reports, then Central Ohio and then Alum. just something to think on.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:08:50 PM by Evinrude58 »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good ideas!   Thanks for the input.  👍🏻
I like it!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
X2 on the separate regions & getting rid of the clutter.

It’s nice to see some life up in here! 

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I definitely agree! I'm not a fan of how the site flows.  We will definitely be looking to clean it up and make it more user friendly! Let's keep working together and let's get the word out that IFO is back!!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Posted on OGF and posted in the Ohio section on Ice Shanty. Now if people with FB would also post it we would be getting the word out. Have FB but most my friends live way out of state like Scotland so don't think that would help. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:52:14 PM by Evinrude58 »

toadfish

• View Profile
Hey Slab,
Some events in the NW part of Ohio would be nice.  It seems many past events were in Central or NE Ohio.

Good luck to the new 3 muskateers on running the site!
Toadfish
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Toadfish, thank you for staying with us and thanks to all . We look forward to returning this site to better than it was a few years ago! Lots of changes will be taking place on the site and behind the scenes. Stay tuned my friends this will be epic.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Thinking the NEO Panfish Series could be changed a bit and just be the Panfish Trail with stops in different parts of the state probably having to be north of 30 unless we get a goo ice season. Possibly make it an individual instead of team tournaments as it can be difficult to sometimes find a partner especially for multiple dates. Don't worry about a series type deal and simplify it to just individual events to make it easier for the operators. Maybe Toadfish could suggest a lake in NW area to do one at. I know last series there was raffles at each event. Instead of that maybe do that at an end of season event which possibly could be done in conjunction with a spring walleye jig fishing trip or a summer cookout.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I had all but forgotten how good it feels to have these discussions going!

I personally can hardly wait to get Demo Days, Kids Days and some of the small pot tournaments going again. The idea of doing some tournaments throughout the state or in 5 regions is something that we should look at more closely. I've managed to keep the seminars alive through my work with Clam and Vexilar. I also just placed one of our vinyls at Lakeside Pro Bass with the understanding that I'll be coming to pick it up from them when we need it.

The idea was posed earlier that we could expand on the soft water and other areas for the site. I think this is a great idea!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I second that, I'm envisioning year round activities also! Fishing goes on even after the ice melts so why should we go silent. Our voices will be heard long after the bitter chill of winter dissipates.  :)
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
I have tried to keep year round chat going since I joined. Other than IceBucketJohn I think everyone else fishes year round like me.

Vexilar