Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pickin the crappies off at Lima Lake

Guest · 2 · 2460

JustNutts

Been trying to fish every few days for an hour or so. Using some different jigs and trying some new stuff. Overall Ive been catching a few everytime out. Last week I had 25-30 but were all 10 or under. Went out 2 days ago and had 3 over 12in and went out tonight at 2am and just came back in and picked up 5 over 13in. Not to bad. Starting to turn on pretty well it seems with the water temp dropping like crazy, should be schooling up for the winter soon. Gota keep the rust knocked off for the Jan tourny. Always an open invitation here in Lima for anybody who wants to get together. Havent fished my walleye hole for a few weeks. Last time I did well, got into some jumbo perch and some nice fat eyes. Never slowed down this year, always seemed to have a limit or come close everytime out. Im sure both should be on with the cool weather.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think the big ones will be starting soon. Thanks for the report. Have you heard of a place called killdear? A buddy of mine went up and hit 4 walleye and a big bag of perch. Is that up by lima or is it findley?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar