Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Modification for bucket mounts??

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So here is my idea.

I'm sick of buckets taking up space inside my Jet Sled Jr. I want to put a couple of mounts on the sides of my sled that will hold my buckets and provide some more room inside the body of my sled for my other larger gear. I was originally thinking about having a small wooden 4'X1' shelf that would lie sideways across the back end of the sled. It would need to have a couple of holes to hold the buckets off to the sides. Then I could use the shelf in between to serve as a base for putting in some PVC rod mounts or something else practical.

Any suggestions on materials, design, etc.?
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Buckets fit into milk crates. Could you connect two milk crates to extend a base board  (( 1X3 on each side of crate)) to extend outside of the sled  half the size of milk crates on each side.

The milk creates will carry the bucket. In the extra space of the square you can carry  and ice scope , tip ups and rods and minnow buckets.  Could hold the base boards with pungees or wing nut through rim of sled. Would still leave room under the base board for more items

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
They also make a wire frame that is used a lot for horses you should be able to find at farm and fleet or maybe tsc I think it might just slide over the side of the sled
 Dave

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you for the ideas you guys! I'll head in to TSC next time I go to town. Milk crates would be pretty easy to mount as well!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Here it is ryan tsc has a bucket mount that will slip on side of sled and i think a bungee will hold the bucket on if you go to there website it is item #5003003 I have the same problem and was looking at them this weekend. If i find one at our local store ill let you know. Dave

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
ratherbe  forgot to tell you the price might be a drawback 2.49 Dave

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The Milk Crates would work great. You could take 1 inch PVC cut to 6 inch lengths and mount them to the outside of the crate. I used the PVC on my sled and it works great. I make a cut half way down the length of the pipe. Make the cut as wide as the support arm coming off the reel seat so when you place your rod and reel in the pipe it wont twist and turn. I then placed the pieces of PVC 3 to 4 inches apart. You can take a bungee cord and strech it accross the support arms of your reel and the will stay in place. I will try to post a pic of my holders in the next few days.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
The brackets from tsc wont work but i found one at a theisen farm store that will but only a 2-1/2 gallon bucket will fit back to milk crates. The guy says they make them for 5 gallon buckets but I havent found any Dave

Vexilar