Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-8and9

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I fished the south end out from 305 ramp both Saturday and Sunday. Lots of crappies but no eyes. I fished from 14 ' to 21 ' of water. I picked most of the crappies up on a forage minnow tipped with whole minnow with a few coming on a 3/16 Vibe. I might give the North end a try this weekend.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

mudpup78

• View Profile
i fished the same area saturday and had the same results although the guys beside me started picking up some eyes right at dark, i couldnt hang around my buddy i was with was sick that day and came out anyway with me, he just got so bad out on the ice i had to get him out of there, i have been fishing the north end thats why i decided to try the south, really slow action up north   

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Yeah, things have been slow up North is why I ended up down around 305. I drilled a bunch of holes Sunday and marked fish in all of them, bu I could only catch fish in a couple spots. Guess I will have to give it a try Saturday. Sunday I'm gonna head back North and see if I can figure out where the eyes are hiding. I want to win the big money! Lol
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

mudpup78

• View Profile
are you gonna fish  the buoy line up north? i tried there and in the channel out front of rattlesnake island and didnt have much luck, that was a week ago though they might be getting active  i think its just a little early yet for the north, thats just my opinion though, hope you have better luck than i did, i think im going to stay hittin the south a little harder for awhile, i will let yea know either way, good luck and be safe.   

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Thanks Mudpup. Yes I am gonna go out from Linda's bitshop. I was catching crappies a few weeks ago North of the causeway. I usually head towards the Island from the parking lot. I agree its early and should only get better. Good luck to you also. Let me know if your heading out this weekend, maybe we will meet up.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

mudpup78

• View Profile
I'm gonna head out for sure this weekend, just not sure were I'm gonna fish yet, looks like we will need the sled dogs to get out lol, I gotta get my sled finished, it is gonna be rough without one, seen some neat ideas on here for a few so I'm gonna get to work on it, but i will let you know whats goin on so we can met up and atleast  bs .   

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Sounds good good luck with the sled.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES