Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bait shops on the way from cincy to lima.

Guest · 6 · 5568

fweii

I'll be going to the lima area on Jan, 23. I would like to shop for some panfish ice jigs while I'm getting bait.  There are such limited supply in the cincy area. I would like to say within 25-30 mile of I-75. Thanks for any help.

Salmonid

• View Profile
when you get to Rt 70, go EAST 1.5 miles to the first exit, ( on the way youll see Gander Mtn on the left)  get off at the first exit, turn left across interstate, take first left into shopping center and kep going left down long access road to Gander, they have live bait and about everything youll need, also have a decent Ice fishing selection although its been pretty wiped out by now. Good luck!

Salmonid

fweii

I went to that gander about 2 weeks ago and they were wiped out and the store clerk didn't think they were going to get anymore in. Thats why I was going to try and stop up by Indian lake on the way north. thank for the info.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lake loramie has a bait shop that has jigs and of course Indian lake is about 25 minutes form I 75
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

fweii

Firefish, which one do you think has the best selection of panfish jigs and what road is it on?

luv2fish

• View Profile
fweii, indian lake is just 17 miles from I-75 to the east. Once you get to the lake, you can hit the bait stores there.  On the Northside you have LaVans, and Mike's bait. The cool thing is they are a stones throw away from eachother. Then on the west side you have the Pro Bass shop, and then on the southside you have Gene's bait. I'm thinking that all these baitshops are within 10 miles from eachother. I'm not sure of store hours. Hope this helps, good fishing and be safe out there.

Vexilar