Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Attention: Guests

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the site.  Glad you're here.  Maybe I'm out of line here, but I've talked with other members and have noticed many guests trolling for information and hotspots.  While we are happy you've found our site, we want new members to join everyday and post, post, post your reports; not only log-on, read ours, and go out and clean-up.  We are happy to provide the info here on icefishohio.com, we all share a passion for ice fishing. But please create an account, share in the posting (you don't have to give away your spot), just tell lake, species, depth, ice thickness and quality, and so forth.  Also print out an entry form and try the online tournaments, they're a blast.  Best of all it's all free.  Hope not to have offended anyone, sorry if I did.  Just want all involved to get the most out of our site!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Very well put Slabslayer. The site is only as good as its members.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

megan66

• View Profile
Great points slabslayer. I've gotten quite a few emails about locations.

I'm glad to give info on lures, ice conditions, waterdepth, and time of day. But to give specific information compromises locals who get out and hunt for these fish. If you talk to me on the ice I'll be glad to help you out.

If you tell one person you'll have 40 in that spot the next day.

Black hawk is a perfect example from last year!

It went from a handful of guys, to the internet, then 50 guys on the weekends.

I'm glad the bite has been off this year, you really gotta go hunt for them. There still out there, just not in all the traditional spots from last year.

Plus I believe numbers are down a littlebit from the last couple of years.

Good luck to everyone.

God bless all the fishermen and women.
Megan66

Casey Waldorf

• Ready to Ice Fish any time just let me know.
    • View Profile
I totally agree. We all need to help each other.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's very true.  Fish not cooperating like last year.  I thought was just me, because I've not got out as much with work and a stitches-requiring hand injury this year.  Have had to scratch and claw.  Got some nice fish, and some good meals, but having to be a lot more mobile to get the bigger fish.  Thank goodness for gas augers. :)  Hoping the bite will turn on end of Feb-very early March.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

freakofnature13

• View Profile
i Agree Joel.. learned over the yrs.. that sometimes you just gotta keep those pictures in your phone and avoid the text wildfire.. I had to use ketchup to detour fish hawks from some of the spots i fished last yr.. it got so bad that i refused to go back..Its a shame! someone sees you gaff a 8lber and the next day you cant even get close to your own holes! grrrrr...

OldSailor

• View Profile
As a new member, I would like to say HI!! and check out the site and introduce myself. What is the best way to do that and where do it at??? I sure wouldn't want  to step on any toes right off of the bat!! (I'll wait awhile LOL.. ) BUT I joined this website in hope that the other members would be willing to help a fellow ice head out!! So how do I start?
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

sawguy

• View Profile
 as a new member thanks for having me i am new this year to ice fishing. hope to have some pics to share..

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
greetings new guys and old guys, seasoned or not we all gather info here...i will be glad to post my fishing stuff , thats why were all friends here, and if your real about our site i will even meet ya an we can stroll out to some of my spots that have taken years of hunting to find, but fish are fish and i never know whats going to happen..some of my lakes are mosq, berlin,mogadore,wingfoot,deer creek, nimi,and so on,,and if im lucky someone will share with me ....my 2 cents    ,,,,,,,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, and snowcone, we fish the same waters.  We'll fish when the ice comes and can trade spots.  :)

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab  looking forward to it, i hafta admit even though im an old fart i always learn something new here from you guys  :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's why we come here, we learn form each other! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I have met some great friends on this site and the transfer of information is first class!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I met 5 people today at Indian lake who hadn't yet checked out the site. I think trolling for information on our site is welcome as it is the only way to get word out..trust me once they have a question one of us can answer they will join.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

backagainbaha

• View Profile
New to site and it looks great! Nice to find a site dedicated to Ice in Ohio

Vexilar