Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-29-11 real time

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Have 5 nice crappie and 5 or 6 keeper gills. Bite has slowed. Fishing the south end close to the dam. 18-20 fow. Small pimples tipped with a minnow. Staying til a few hrs after dark and I hope it picks back up then.

BrownIce

• View Profile
I am planning on fishing the east side of the dam area either tues or wed. Is it a waste of time or should I head north? I would appreciate any advise.
Thanks...
Brownice

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I was east of the dam also. I heard the water was really stained in the north and south is all i fished this season. There were alot of people/shantys out at 305 also. I've really been trying to get into some eyes so i have been focusing on deeper water, not that its the answer. There were a few perch taken off the riprap close to the dam also. i was out pretty much in the middle straight out from the dam. After i posted they turned off and i left about 830 pm. North.. south.. your call. But keep us posted on how you do wherever ya go.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I think a lot of people would be surprised if they fished shallow points close to deep drop offs. Eyes will be shallow even during the day.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

Vexilar