Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Homemade Power Drill Ice Auger Adapter

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
Well guys after looking around at adapters for hand augers i finally got a good idea.  hope it hasnt been posted before but i just thought i would share with you what i made.

in my garage i started digging around in my old sockets and what not and found what i was looking for.  an old 1/2 socket with a allen head on the end.  i just drilled a 1/4in hole thru the center of the socket.  works great.  now i just need to add something just in case it comes off the drill.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
That's pretty cool.
What size auger and how many holes can you drill?

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
i have a 6 and 8in.  only tried the 6 on a about dead battery lol.  drilled 2 holes before it died an my charger is stuck outside lol.

ill have a bit more info if i get a chance to go out this weekend.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Just a word of advice: Murphys Law says it will come off of the drill at the most in opportune time and when you are further from civilization than you ever thought possible.

I saw a rubber fitting that clips on the drill and adapter but I can remember where I saw it Maybe someone out there knows what im talking about and where it can be found. Dave

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
oh i know, i have thought about that lol.  im working on something to fix that issue.

Rumi

• Bucket Brigade Infantry
    • View Profile
    • OhioGameFishing
Fathead, what did you come up with?
Love that sound of ice cracking at dawn!

Vexilar