Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 26, 2014, 01:56:42 AM

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Homemade Power Drill Ice Auger Adapter  (Read 2717 times)
fathead45

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »

Well guys after looking around at adapters for hand augers i finally got a good idea.  hope it hasnt been posted before but i just thought i would share with you what i made.

in my garage i started digging around in my old sockets and what not and found what i was looking for.  an old 1/2 socket with a allen head on the end.  i just drilled a 1/4in hole thru the center of the socket.  works great.  now i just need to add something just in case it comes off the drill.

www.FanSBaitFarm.com
7880 Alcony Conover Rd, Conover OH
We carry wax worms, spikes, red spikes, and jigs.  We will ship bait.  Just PM me or Call.
MDBuckeye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:03:06 AM »

That's pretty cool.
What size auger and how many holes can you drill?
fathead45

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »

i have a 6 and 8in.  only tried the 6 on a about dead battery lol.  drilled 2 holes before it died an my charger is stuck outside lol.

ill have a bit more info if i get a chance to go out this weekend.

www.FanSBaitFarm.com
We carry wax worms, spikes, red spikes, and jigs.  We will ship bait.  Just PM me or Call.
davek

Dave Brett Dan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

Just a word of advice: Murphys Law says it will come off of the drill at the most in opportune time and when you are further from civilization than you ever thought possible.

I saw a rubber fitting that clips on the drill and adapter but I can remember where I saw it Maybe someone out there knows what im talking about and where it can be found. Dave
fathead45

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »

oh i know, i have thought about that lol.  im working on something to fix that issue.

www.FanSBaitFarm.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Vexilar