Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Jaw Jacker is considered a tip up by ODNR--PLEASE PRINT AND CARRY WITH YOU

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Jaw Jacker received an email today from ODNR that the Jaw Jacker is considered a tip up.

This means you can have up to 6 on the ice.

If you purchase some, then I would have Matt email you the email so you can print it off. You can just a ODNR officer in case he considers these as a pole.

This will help them out.

Subject: tip up legality in Ohio
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:30:50 -0400
To: [email protected]

Matt, I have viewed your video and website.  Your jaw jacker device appears to work very well!
The definition of a tip up in Ohio is:

(AAAAA) “Tip-up” means a device consisting of a hook and line attached to a spring or other device which is capable of raising a small flag or other signaling device when a fish is biting or is hooked.
The jaw jacker device definitely fits the definition and would be legal in Ohio when used as a tip up.
If you have more questions, please give me a call.  Good luck!

Gino Barna, Law Supervisor
Lake Erie Law Enforcement Unit
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Division of Wildlife
305 East Shoreline Drive
Sandusky, Ohio  44870
419 625-8062
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:10:04 PM by slabslayer »
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I am glad to hear this. I plan on using them alot this winter and was curious of what ODNR would say.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
i really like this.  i hope i can atleast get 1 this year.  would love to get a few more but not in the cards.  maybe ill win one at one of the panfish tournys lol

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
That's awesome Dave.
If I end up getting a couple of these I would surely want to have something with me if the "man" questions it.

Thanks!

JawJacker

• View Profile
Thanks for posting the e-mail from the ODNR David. You guys in Ohio should have fun with the JawJacker this year. I should be on the ice the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see and hear JawJackers going off again. It's better than Christmas morning. You guys will soon know what I mean!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:46:20 PM by JawJacker »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I set this as sticke because a recent thread has been debating it.  Now everyone can find it.  Hope not a problem, we can un-sticky it later.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Thanks. I was looking for it also so we could sticky it to the top. I hope every one wil print this off.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too, better safe than sorry.  We've waited long enough for ice, we don't need any hastles when we get out there!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
I really like the Jaw Jacker. That may be a new addition for me this year!!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If you havent already got any good luck. There website and everyone else that has been selling them is sold out. I have 2 and to me they seam to be worth the money. I will be getting 4 more when they begin selling them again.

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
I only picked up 24 Jaw Jackers to see how they would sell. They were all gone within 2 days. I already have my order in for 250 of them for next year. Something tells me I should change it to 500............Mark

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Mine just came in the mail this week. Nice product. Get yours early guys. Have a feeling they will be gone even before we have ice here
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Fishin 2

• View Profile
Got mine today  ;D, prayin for ice now, Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

Vexilar