Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Delaware Lake IFO get together

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
I am in the works of planning a get together for this year at Delaware Lake. More than likely a little unofficial pot tourny. The date has yet to be set and I will be working with David on that.

I am currently looking for a set of scales we could use. If any one would have something they would like to let us use it would be appreciated.

I am also looking for some input from IFO members. What would could make this better in your eyes? Maybe something you wish you had seen at previous tourny's or just an idea from way out of left field.

Thanks for the input guys. I am really looking forward to meeting more of you!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
think we should post this in generall or fishing partners? I would like to see this lake get some more fishermen on the hardwater. Really good lake with alot of nice panfish in it

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Was just on the dnrs website and alum and deleware are not on the top 5 list for crappie in central oh. They have oshay as #1, which i agree is very good. But i think del should be near the top if not #1 Myself and the few guys i fish with catch countless numbers of 12 and 13'' fish every year witha few 14's and at least one 15'' every year. I have yet to get on the monsters throught the ice but i know they are there.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
I remember when I was a kid growing up on near Grove City a guy on my paper route going there everyday in the spring and bringing home his limit of nice crappies.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
The crappie fishing is absolutely great and there are alot of nice gills in there. You may alos get a white bass or two and if your really lucky an eye.

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i fished there many years ago for bass. back then i believe it was managed as a crappie lake. i think the state stocked saugeyes in there too.

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
The saugeye are few and far between. When you get them they are big. I think they stopped stocking it about 9 years ago but I can't remember exactly. We will get some more info up about the get together as soon as we get a better idea on when we will have "safe" ice.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I have scales. If we get ice than we will get it going. Just let me know.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
I think we should do this!!! The last post was about getting scales and nothing after that. If it didn't happen it needs to! This is my backyard and I would love to take place in it or even judge (bc I've fished the lake my entire life and know it like the back of my hand!). It would be awesome to put Delaware lake back on the map!!!
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

Vexilar