Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Water is way up

freakofnature13

• View Profile
joel i got a lot of different colors, a few different blues, few greens, yellows, and a couple pinks,couple golds, silvers, high gloss, translucents, etc. there is a very extensive list of colors and types. take a look at it, the 2oz bottles work just fine although i id order some bigger sizes on some things i know i would use. having trouble finding a hott pink that i want... colombiacoatings.com  pretty decent collection and at half the price of a tackle store that would sell the powder paints. im really considering some new colors and designs.. i would like to find a guy who does photo finishes.. i can see that being a very very deadly on walleye. as most of the walleye im getting im not ripping but simply doing a "flyby" approach...actually fishing and finessing a vibee rather than rippin or jerkin or jukin as some do. its unreal. We'll have to get out this yr. and ill show ya a few of the techniques i use. they produce very well.. somethin else to add to your arsenal when your out fishing with them. i lost your number. pm me and ill get your number from ya

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  Love to get out together and add some new walleye techniques to the arsonal.  Thanks for the website for the paints.  I can't find a good hot pink either!  >:(  Anyone out there able to help???
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
check out cs coatings. I use a lot of there powder paint and they also have alot of regular lure paint also.

http://www.csipaint.com/
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, I'll check it out.  Do you know if they have glow also?  I'm experimenting with it and am not happy with my results.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
There white glows awsome and the orange is almost as good. the darker green powder paint sucks though. I was disapointed with the green but I will buy more white and orange powder paint when I run out.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

white ice

• View Profile

We will get on the hard stuff this year. Its still December.  Most ice seasons start in January anyway.  We all got spoiled the last few seasons which started very early in some cases.  2 winters ago I was on Dec. 7 and the following weekend at Mog.  Then a thaw came and it started all over.  4 or 5 years back, I didn't get on Erie till the last day in Feb.  The ice was s..t and didn't get a bite, but still got out, and in, safely.  At least we won't have the thaw that seems to happen after a few weeks of fishing.  Berlin will fish this winter for sure.  Lots of time left.

I was wrong.  Big time.  Sucks, but what are you going to do. Pulling the boat out on Saturday for some trailer work.  Anybody know the current water levels out there?

A@C

• View Profile

white ice

• View Profile
I take it that the water is also very dirty?  Would love to get out on Sunday if the wind is favorable.  It would be a real shame if I didn't have to wear my knee highs to launch. LOL!  If its nice on Sunday I'm stopping by Chuck.

A@C

• View Profile
The lake is clearing up nicely. A little skim ice today, nothing to worry about

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lake is at normal winter pool now, and hopefully, fingers crossed, will be great fishing for the walleye tournament!!

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
That is great news,the water level was so low over the summer it was dangerous
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It sure was.  I didn't fish it for that reason in the summer.

Team Wilcraft!

white ice

• View Profile
You should of seen it this fall before "Sandy". 

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I did, it was horrible.  I didn't take my boat there this year for that reason.  I was afraid I'd hit something.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
water was very very low i fished it all summer and did pretty good but, had to be real careful... :o   there is allot more debree on the bottom than you would ever imagine...mostly cinder blocks and skids, rocks...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar