Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Water is way up

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Went for a drive yesterday and checked out some of my favorite lakes.  Berlin is way up.  Normally the southern end is just a tiny channel, but now it has water deep enough to launch a boat off the Price road gravel ramp.  Should be back down soon.  Hope it's lowered fully before it starts to freeze, don't want any air gaps!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

A@C

• View Profile
Yea could be ugly. Heard you stopped in,maybe next time.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, I'll be back in when (if) >:( we ever get some ice.  Hope things drain out before the freeze.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

A@C

• View Profile
Looks like 2012 this year, the lake is falling slowly, no more rain and come on cold temps

tk7263

• View Profile
At this point it'll be well into January if we have any ice at all

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad to hear lake is falling.  Hope the freeze sets in VERY SOON!!!

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Drove by yesterday and water is still higher than normal.  Rain not helping us today either.  Also very muddy!!  Starting to get concerned about Berlin this year.  Probably unwarrented, in a couple weeks will be fine.  Just really want to start jigging for some eyes!! ;D ;D

Team Wilcraft!

A@C

• View Profile
Everytime it starts to fall more rain makes it rise. Hoping for the best!!!!!!!!!!

white ice

• View Profile
We will get on the hard stuff this year. Its still December.  Most ice seasons start in January anyway.  We all got spoiled the last few seasons which started very early in some cases.  2 winters ago I was on Dec. 7 and the following weekend at Mog.  Then a thaw came and it started all over.  4 or 5 years back, I didn't get on Erie till the last day in Feb.  The ice was s..t and didn't get a bite, but still got out, and in, safely.  At least we won't have the thaw that seems to happen after a few weeks of fishing.  Berlin will fish this winter for sure.  Lots of time left.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looking at the long term forecast, I'm getting more confident.  Sunday's still going to be in the 40's, but after that the next 3 days are going to be below freezing all day.  Hope that continues into the next forecast period.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey slabslayer have you fished over the odnr s structure they planted, i tried last year but my gps crapped out ,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No I haven't.  I'd forgotten about that.  I fished what they planted on Deer Creek, but forgot about Berlin.  Normally I try the roadbed, but if you have the gps location, I'd love to try it, if you don't mind sharing the spot with me for a little while.

Team Wilcraft!

freakofnature13

• View Profile
some of berlin between 14 and the rr trussel was locked in when the cold came. but with the 50 plus degree weather we just had itll be just a tad longer, mcdonalds hamburger thickness and im on it lol..

chuck do you still have any big boy vibees? been wantin to powder some, got a bunch of new powder paints,, some phenominal colors

A@C

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool, what colors do you have, and where'd you get them.  I paint too.  But I do crappie jigs, not vibes.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar