Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Brief Lake Overview

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This is one of NE Ohio's best kept bass secrets.  This lake also has a good population of bluegill, crappie, channel catfish, and a few pike.  It's not a very big lake, at only 99 acres of fishing water.  There's a 9.9 limit, and a full service bait and snack marina with boat rentals at the concrete launch ramp.  There's also a very nice fishing pier extending into the lake.  The ramp is tight for an 18 foot bass boat pulled by a 26 foot truck, but a normal boat and standard pickup will have no problems. 

For the ice season, the marina is closed, but ice fishing is allowed on the lake.  It's shallower and freezes fairly fast, so sometimes I hit it early season.  Although it's a better soft water lake than an ice fishing lake, it seems to me.  But I haven't ice fished it enough to learn its secrets and winter patterns.  The monster bass I pull out in the summer are still there in the winter, just need to find 'em!  ;D 

But I wanted to add this lake to try to share it's bass secret with some of the fellow iceheads on here.  I know some live in the Akron/Canton area and this lake is a pretty quiet little secret not many know about.  Some will want to kill me for posting this, but we're all here to help each other out and enjoy some good fishing.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
With a good bass population the gills should be good as well I would think...
Thanks for the heads up!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, MD the gills are realy good.  Don't fish for them except thru the ice, but when I'm flipping the mats of lily pads and vegetation in the summer, I can hear the bluegills popping the underneath of the pads/vegetation all day long.  Some of the bluegills are very large, seen some over 9 inches come out of there!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar