Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Vex Mag Shield

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Have seen the mag shield but have never seen it in use. Does anyone on here use one?? Can they recommend it or not. I have no issue viewing the screen and can see it fine. However, was thinking that if it changed the viewable angle, meaning I could place the vex in the center of two fishermen in the shanty and it is easlier to view by both  by each angler, than I may consider one. Other than that I really would not need one. Any input would be appreciated. ER
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

freakofnature13

• View Profile
They are the best thing besides a cover u can get for your vex.. I've had one now for several yrs and not only does it magnify everything it also protects snow and debri etc from getting inside which can be a pain in the but to clean.. get one its the best investment u can make beside a weatherproof cover for ur vex. These work with the fl8 pro that I have not sure how they work with other flat screen models like the 20s and 22s. But ull be very happy.. mine is getting scratched up just from normal wear. And ill be investing in a new one shortly.

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Freak,

Does it allow for a greater viewing angle?? Meaning does it allow you to get more of a side view of the vex. That is what I am really looking for out of it. Would like to be able to but it on a bucket between two fishermen and have both guys view the vex with out having to turn the unit or lean over to keep looking at it.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Do you have room to sit across from it? If so, you both could have a nice view and you could cut the angle drastically.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Mag shields make it tougher because it distorts the view at an angle.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Saved me 15 bucks. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

toadfish

• View Profile
IF you want to keep out snow and debris and are an elcheapo like me, use saran wrap and a rubber band to create a see-through cover.  It does not make the screen any easier to read, but does not make it harder either.  As a bonus, it costs nearly nothing.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar