Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Houghton Lake Fishing Trip

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Ok lets try this again.  I talked to Bob Lee at Houghton Lake and he is located on the south shore next to the bait shop.  He said fishing is really picking up and they have 8-12" of ice.  If we stay there he will give us all the GPS fish coordinates for the lake depending on what specises we are targeting.  He has rooms available both the weekend of Feb 9th and Feb 16th.  You can visit his website at www.the-leeresort.com.  PM me if you are interested in going and what weekend works for you and once we get a head count we can book something and hit it.  You can also call me at 440-223-5888.  ATV's can be used on the lake and if you do not have a shanty you can rent those too but he said they are not in the real good fishing areas.  I also called Buster's resort but the most he can sleep is up to 7 people.
Thanks,
Jim
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:34:56 PM by futurestrader »
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

fishinsam

• View Profile
Hey future good call with bob ,go up almost every year multiple times to stay with him. Actually thinking heading up around then also have been fishing that lake for years now and the old man since he was little. He has a great spot to stay at access to the lake is right at the bait store. Might plan with ya or see ya up there possibly.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Booked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night over President's Day weekend Feb. 17th weekend.  If anyone else can come I will be glad to see you there and have an ATV for transportation.  Taking the family for the weekend and rooms are booking up quick so I locked it in.  The people I talked to up there said the fishing is hott so we shall see.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

fishinsam

• View Profile
ill be lettin you know for sure this weekend gota see when dads open. But if  he cant ill sure see you up there depending on the snow ill be bringin a quad or sled got stuck walkin last time when the snow was up to the belt.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Sounds good just PM me with your phone number and we can get things set up to meet.  I will have the boys with me and they will not make it the whole day so they can go back to the cabin with mom and then we could meet up and hammer some slabs.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
OK last call we got some people going but if you want to be a late entry over the long weekend hit up Bob Lee for the sleeping quarters.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

fishinsam

• View Profile
Was up at houghton all weekend. Fishing was very slow got some pike and bunch of small perch. Ice was good and had some snow but might head back up sometimes soon . Was great to just get out on some hard water.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Good trip but the fishing was just not good.  Caught 100 dinky perch on Sunday and saw some pike caught but that was it.  A guy went over to Higgins Sunday and got some decent bluegill but no big size.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
fishing was  off at fletchers pond also.  all we caught were dinks and one 20 inch pike.  was good to be on the ice though
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
My kids did have a blast though and so did my wife so I came away with three new ice fisherman for the future!!!!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
at least you can say you went ice fishing this year. I spoke with my buddy and he said they are having the best ice ever in MN. great ice and no snow.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I spoke with my buddy and he said they are having the best ice ever in MN. great ice and no snow.

Must be nice. I still cant believe that we didnt get out this year. I have seen short seasons in the past but never a no season. :(
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
id like to go to simcoe next year. bout the same distance as fletchers pond. just a little more expensive
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

icefshrman31

• View Profile
Heading to Houghton Lake for th3e week-end. Bob Lee is in bad shape and his place is not open. I'm going to state at Beachfront motel I think. Say a pryer for Bob Lee. Very nice fella.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Wow does that stink.  Bob Lee was so good to me and the family when we stayed there!  Great guy who could build a perfect bonfire!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar