Ice Fish Ohio Forum

perch bite

g · 9 · 6355

g

• View Profile
the perch are hitting in front of marblehead.fish in the 10 - 12" range are being caught. marking walleyes but not catching any. water is still muddy & water temp is 40 deg.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey G ....what depth were you fishing ? 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bryan

• View Profile
Nice!! Those are the perfect size!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report.  Can't believe water temp is already 40.  Goint to be an early spawn if it keeps up like this.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
the perch have been hitting in 28 feet of water around the lighthouse. my buddy got a 14 incher monday. the water temps are around 50 degrees already and the white bass are hitting as well as the sheephead. looks like it's time to jig kellys for eyes. i heard they are slamming the eyes out of turtle creek. also heard the headboats are running now. the female walleyes being caught have already spawned. hopefully the weather will remain stable so we get a good hatch for a change. can't make it up until next weekend but my buddy in marblehead keeps me posted so i will post what is happening.

Bryan

• View Profile
Turtle Creek has been the hot spot, guys getting several man limits in 1.5 hours...unbelievable!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

g

• View Profile
heard the jig bite is starting. the trollers were doing good around camp perry firing range buoys B-D. hope to make it up next weekend to open up the trailer & take the boat up for the season.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I'm itching to get up for the jig bite but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.  I'm going to be busy the next two coming weekends and I'm afraid the great jig bite that's happening now will be at an end...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know.  I'm stuck and can't get there for a couple weeks at least.  Catch some for me!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar